Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Year 2012


Now, I know a lot of people are doing this "end of the year overview" but hey! It looked fun, so I thought I would do it too :)

January- Joel and I just got engaged in December, and he was preparing to leave on January 7th to head home to Sweden. We started planning a wedding to have in Utah, but then thought it would be better to have it over in Sweden! I also started working as a nanny for two of the cutest kids I know.










February- not much happened in this month, but working on my residence permit and a whole lot of papers and interviews about my relationship with Joel.

March- my residence permit was accepted!!!! I could live in Sweden, or anywhere in Europe! I felt like like I had the whole world at my fingertips, haha! My parents also bought plane tickets for the wedding :)

April- not much happened this month either really!! Still being a nanny almost every day and saving up money to move to Sweeeeden :)

May- my last day of work was the 19th, had my goodbye party on the 20th and I left the 31st. Quite the month :)

June- arrived in Sweden and met Joel's family on the 1st, got married on the 14th, said goodbye to my family on the 24th (I think), and then left for our honeymoon on the 25th!!! Now THAT was a crazy and beautiful month :)

July- we basically had our honeymoon for most of this month, and after that worked on our apartment. Our first apartment wasn't big at all, and trying to fit everything in there was a little ridiculous.

August- I was home a lot. By myself. With the internet. I skyped my family and friends a lot more too. Now life has been suuuper busy and that has been hard. I was also getting things ready for school and such.. Like my personal number (SSN here in Sweden) etc...

September- we got robbed. Twice. First we found an apartment in downtown Gothenburg, it was almost too good to be true. And it was! We got robbed of 5,000kr (little less than $1,000) from the apartment. THEN we were out shopping and thought someone pick-pocketed ALL of our gift cards we got from our wedding. We were devastated. Getting robbed twice in a month??! Ridiculous. I also completed this painting in September. I think I started studying Swedish at my Swedish For Immigrants class?


October- turns out the gift cards fell out of my back pack! In the store where they fell out, an employee found them and was looking for us for about a month!!! We felt SO SO SO blessed. I was also doing kettlebells twice(ish) a week!!!! A lot of fun, I miss going there! 


November- Joel's birthday was at the end of November!!!!! And lets just say... I spoiled that boy like crazy.  He was amazed and kept on saying, "Where did you get all this money from??" Little did he know that I was saving like crazy, trying to get him everything he needed/wanted. The most expensive present was a knife. It was so expensive, he didn't think he was going to get it. :D I had the knife all planned out in advance. I went into a sketchy part of town by myself (my first time there), pre-ordered the knife and everything!!! Found the place all on my own :) I was so proud of myself! All without Joel, just to surprise him!
In November I also started my "praktik" to practice my Swedish at a school. I talk with 8-10 year olds! They are a lot more forward, and aren't afraid to tell me if I am saying something wrong. Which is nice :) And they do it in such a cute way! So a win win, basically!

December! My birthday, our 6 month anniversary, and Christmas. All within two weeks of each other :) We got a kitten for Christmas as well!!!! Joel spoiled me, and got me exactly what I needed! We love her SO MUCH. Sorry to everyone that follows us on instagram... We post a lot of pictures of her ;)

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!! :D

2 notes:

Joel Herrey said...

Cheeto! We love you! 8D

Unknown said...

We want to come visit you guys so bad!!!