Wednesday, January 16, 2013

16) What are some of your greatest accomplishments?


1. I would say moving to Sweden and getting married is a pretty big accomplishment. Flying by myself over here is a big one too... I have never done it before on my own ;) So would that be three accomplishments squished into one? Haha!!

2. This painting is my baby. Never have I been more proud of a painting. I built the whole canvas. Bought three different types of wood, stapled on the canvas, etc... I think it took about 10 hours to make? Not a whole lot, but still enough!! It took a total of 60 hours by the time I started making it, and finished painting. The quality (of the picture) of the painting isn't that great but I guess it gives you a good idea. My painting professor had us choose a classic/popular painting, and recreate it to the best of our ability. In the painting we had to put an anomaly (an odd or peculiar... out of place item) into our painting! SO FUN. I put a Mr. Potato head in the painting... can you find it?? (I hope Mr. Potato Head doesn't fit in the Van Gogh era... in a bar......)



3. Going to college. I didn't complete it (yet), but I am so glad I went and I learned so much!!!! Crazy how much you learn when you are on your own. Living in Sweden has made me realize how many people I met in college. Every time I went up to campus I saw someone I knew! I love the atmosphere up at Utah State too. I miss that a lot as well.... But I am glad where I as well :)

4. Studying Swedish. I really had no idea it was this hard to learn a language!!! Now that I FINALLY feel like I have some vocabulary and can understand some people (mainly my teachers, important to understand them haha!) I feel much better about the language, finally. After 4 or 5 months, it was about time!! I have never really tried to learn a new language, so it is a bit harder for me than most I think, getting use to using that part of the brain. Whereas most know 2,3,4 or 5 languages.... I also need to learn to compare with myself, and not others. Easier said than done ;)



PS- isn't it crazy that my "greatest accomplishments" have happened within the last two years???

1 notes:

Shantel said...

That picture is amazing. I'm super impressed. Those are some awesome accomplishments!