Friday, January 18, 2013

19) If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?

hahahahahhaha! What a FUNNY question to be asking me right now!!!

I am so torn. Living in Sweden is so much fun and unique. I love getting to know Joel's family, the people in the ward, and at my Swedish for Immigrants class. Meeting new people has been so much fun, and a real eye opener.
I love the people, the shopping and the food...

You see, in September/October of 2011 Joel and I made this huge, long, and time consuming list. Deciding where to live after we were married. The two most important things came down to living in Utah for my family, or living in Sweden for Joel's job opportunity. 



Not that my family isn't more important... It was the toughest decision I have had to make in my life. My mom said something SUPER profound though! "I would rather you live in Sweden and be secure than live in the States and struggle..."

Now, Joel has decided to go back to school and the option of moving back to Utah has opened up. Now the reason why I moved here has changed. Now we are just 'here'. Not sure how realistic moving back is, but it is an option. 

THEN EVEN MORE PROBLEMS COME UP. Because school is free here. If we stay here I would work and he could go to school.

BUT. He was born in Utah so he is an American citizen and it would be a piece of cake setting it up to have him live there... 

Going to school in Utah makes sense in my head. That way he could "build up" all of his contacts. "It isn't what you know, but who you know" Joel says all the time....
So going to school in Utah makes sense if he would like to work there right??!

The thought of starting school here and finishing there is basically out of the question... We'd have to really look into it and see how it would work, if it would. 

All of these thoughts are kinda confusing, I know. I really am torn, 50/50.

We live here in Sweden and are content. Is it time for change? How do we know when is a good time for change? Do we dare go out of our comfort system? The longer we are here, the more we get settled in. 
Then I start thinking what if we did move....
Now I am use to how things work in Sweden. We would have to buy a car in Utah!!!! How expensive. Would we sell everything we have an just move?? How would that work??!




See why I am confused?

Ps- we did look up how it would work to fly with a cat... and it is possible :) Who could leave this cute face???

3 notes:

Unknown said...

If you decide to come to school here, look up grants. Sometimes it can be free or almost free with them. We paid $500 for school at the u. Plus, student housing here is great!

Unknown said...

Plus if you'll be in SLC and a student, all public transportation is free. At the student housing internet, landline phone, Comcast, and utilities are free!!

The Jensen's said...

I love that it's an option to come back, but a free education is an amazing thing. I think if you pray about it and ponder in the temple the answer will come to you.
Jason and I always pray about our moves and that feeling of peace just comes to one of them and then everything just falls into place.
We miss you and are glad you're doing so well!