Friday, January 18, 2013

18) What has been the most difficult thing you have had to forgive?

The hard part with this question is how personal to make it.... 

I guess I won't go into too many details, but I know I have made mistakes in the past (along with most people, hopefully??) and I have figured out the hardest thing to do when something has gone wrong is to forgive myself. Whether that be something dumb I did in high school, saying something to my mom..... Whatever it might be, controlling my thoughts and forgiving myself (for me) is harder than forgiving others. 

Plus it doesn't help too much that I am hard on myself. This is where Christ's atonement comes into play for me, and I need him the most. All the mistakes I have made I could not have done it on my own. Thank goodness God is merciful!! I heard this quote, "Nothing you confess could make me love you less." Not sure if Christ actually said that, but the saying is true. No matter what I have done, he will never stop loving me, even if I have a hard time forgiving myself.

0 notes: