Saturday, October 5, 2019

W03 Reflection: Entrepreneurial Journal

This week, the videos about ethics really hit home for me. I've always thought of myself as a good person but physically writing down what I believed in and who I want to be was eye-opening. In the videos of Frank Levinson I thought it was interesting how he had a man who was ethically ok, but he still tried to find someone better for the job. He thought he found someone better, but he turned out to be a huge jerk that fired Frank instead. I've been thinking of this scenario, and how hard it can be sometimes to really know if someone is as ethical as they seem or claim to be. I believe this is why we need to stay close to the Holy Ghost, so we can listen to those promptings. There could be something to learn from this situation, where Frank did hire an unethical guy that ended up getting him fired. It could have been for the better because Frank might not be where he is today because he learned the hard way. I think this is how we need to look at our lives, as a chance to learn from the hard situations and grow stronger because of it. When we have business failures or hardships, it is easy to look back on those situations to see how we learned and grew from it. How do we appreciate the hard times, when we're in the thick of those situations? I believe this is where the gospel perspective comes in handy. We will all have hardships and trials, but having the gospel perspective will help guide us through the trials. I am looking forward to learning how I can grow my business, in the sense of facing those trials and growing from them. In the future, I am excited to look back on everything I have accomplished and learned from, and look at those trials and hardships as a blessing to make me stronger. 

0 notes: