Saturday, October 12, 2019

W04 Reflection: Entrepreneurial Journal


1.  If you pursue your calling with discipline, intentionality, and the help of fellow travelers, what are the chances that your worst case scenario will really happen?
-When putting worst-case scenarios like that, they almost seem silly and not very likely. I think if we really pursue your calling with discipline and integrity, you will be proud of the work you do no matter the outcome.
2.  As you look at your list of fears, what themes emerge? What is at the core of what you really fear? Financial ruin? The judgment or disapproval of others? Physical harm? Endangering the ones you love? Embarrassment?
-A theme of fears where I am fearing something if I am unprepared and don’t plan, as well as fearing the judgment of others. That has always been a weakness of mine, comparing myself to others. Even as a little girl, my mom talks about how I struggled to compare to other people. Also,  my fear of planning a workshop to teach other photographers & people interested in photography is that no one will sign up. So I need to figure out my worth and help other people realize that as well and help them realize how important this workshop is.
3.  What is the risk of taking no action – not following your calling? How do you plan to deal with fear when it pops up on your entrepreneurial journey?
- For me, taking no action will lead to serious regret. It is hard to not look back and regret some things I didn’t take the time and energy to do or study. For the longest time I wanted to be a photographer because I liked taking pictures and helping people feel their best in pictures, but I could never figure out a strong why. Now that I’ve been through school, I have been feeling that teaching others is where I truly want to be. Realizing where I want to be will help me deal with that fear, when I feel so strongly and passionate about it.


0 notes: