Saturday, October 5, 2019

W03 Activity: Weekly Note Journal

  • Two sentences that capture an "aha!" moment when you clearly understood how a principle applied to your own life.

    While reading "How I Predict Divorce", I was shocked at how some couples talk to each other. I am extremely grateful for how my husband and I communicate after reading that chapter. We've never talked about divorce in the 7 years we've been married, but I am grateful that we communicate in a respectful and understanding way to each other. Another part that stood out to me in the chapter, was the talk about the 4 horsemen. While we haven't struggled too bad, there are some instances here and there where I can remember feeling contempt. One of those times I was easily frustrated with my husband because he had to sleep with earplugs every night. If he didn't, he didn't sleep well at all. Once we started having kids, it was up to me to take care of them all night because he never heard them. But, once I communicated that I was having a hard time he said it was fine to wake him up, so I wasn't doing it all by myself. I am grateful we could communicate in a respectful and understanding way over this small but hard phase we were at with very small kids.

0 notes: