Friday, September 27, 2019

FAML 110 Marriage Skills: Weekly Journal

This week I learned how important it is in a marriage to communicate your needs. Men and women are so different, and as marriage goes on it is especially important to keep communicating your needs. Even though my husband and I have only been married 7 years, we've gone through some health struggles and I've noticed how our communication has gone down and our expectations in the marriage have changed without telling the other person which has caused a lot of frustrations for both people. I've noticed that when I get frustrated about something, I tend to hold it in until I am ready to communicate. I think this can be good and bad for our relationship. Good because I'm waiting to communicate when I'm ready so I don't speak out of frustration, and bad because it can leave my husband in the dark not knowing how I'm feeling. What I find interesting is that men and women are so different and have different needs, but we need each other. I think how things that don't come easy are the most worth it, just like marriage.

0 notes: