Thursday, December 23, 2010

Day 27 – A picture of something your afraid of

Lets see.... I'm actually afraid of weird and random things. 
In other words, not the usual. For example: spiders, snakes... To tell ya the truth, I kinda like them. 
As a child I use to collect spiders our by our mailbox and put them in my moms garden. 
Yeah I was a weird child. 
Also I would catch garter snakes constantly up at my grandparents house.
Well I guess you could say I'm afraid of.... as of right know I would have to say parasites and men.
Parasites- because I've always had the fear that there is one in my digestive system ever since I went on a cruise to Mexico.
They told us not to drink the water when I was 12, and I accidentally did of course.
It just kinda stuck with me ever since!
Also my freshman year of high school got to me.
My science teacher (EJ) showed a video, which also DISGUSTED me.
To give you a couple of highlights of that awesome video- people who had gone to foreign countries and found their own parasite! Totally disgusting (I know the word "disgust" is used quite frequently, but its the only word I could think of).
So I will save you some memories of the gross-ness of it. 

The second thing I listed was men.
Why, you ask?
Everyone I talked to at the end of my senior year of high school thought I would be married within a year of graduating.
Lets just say I have gone on a few dates, and all of them have been within the past couple months.
I just didn't get asked out at all my freshman year, which is fine.
But now I guess you could say I'm definitely a little rusty!
Ok more than a little.
I definitely miss being in a relationship, and having someone to hold and count on.
Dating can be fun, don't get me wrong!
But it also stinks.
Now men are just flat out intimidating. And scary. AND possibly frightening .

2 notes:

luvmorgansky said...

Mollie I love you and am pretty sure you didn't tell me you blogged! LAME I will now follow you.... not in a creepy way! Love ya lil sis!
~Chelbe

Gaby said...

Oh my...eek! I share that same fear. I was never afraid of men in high school. THen suddenly you get out in the real world and they just intimidate me to no end...I think its because the prospect of being married is a lot more realistic now. Oh well. We'll need to conquer that fear one day:)