Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Day 14 – Picture of someone you could never imagine your life without

Supporting me in track in high school
Since I've already blogged about my mom and sister, I might as well have this one be about my father :)
He's the kind of dad where I think, "Dang. I want to find a guy to marry that has these same qualities my dad has: awesome, respectful, patient, loving, selfless, in tune with the spirit, and an active priesthood holder."
Kinda cheesy and I could make a longer list, but it's true and you get the point.
My dad is a one-of-a-kind for sure.
Like I said in my earlier blogs, my family has been through a lot together....
With my mom going through cancer, my dad was there through everything.
Family pics in 2009
He supported my mom while she was terribly sick, and could barely move.
He made sure we were fed, and the house was kept as tidy as we could keep it.
My youngest sister was 5? at the time, and he did the best "motherly"role he could, with being a male and all. (which is really hard to imagine, trust me he did the best he could ;))
My dad is such a great influence in my life, and I'm so grateful for him and for all the sacrifices he's made for me and my sisters.

2 notes:

Gaby said...

I love how much your family means to you. Your future family is in for the greatest blessing of all, having you a part of their family!

Mollie Rose Herrey said...

Thanks Gabs :)