Monday, July 21, 2014

Lake Day!

On Saturday it was SO HOT. We both went out and went on separate walks, just getting some alone time. After I got back from my walk, we were relaxing and not doing much. Around 3 in the afternoon Joel started talking about a lake he visited 10+ years ago, and how much fun it was when he went with his friends, and that it wasn't too far from our apartment. The more he started talking about it, the more fun it sounded! We were trying to decide if it would be worth it, because we had to be home around 5 for a skype session! I then turned to Joel and said, "You know what?? I feel like being spontaneous. Let's just go and do it!!"

E woke up from her nap and we hurried and left! Let's just say it was a 20 minute walk to the forest, then a 20 minute hike uphill to the lake!! All in all 45 minute walk just getting to the lake. It was SO worth it, but next time we'll definitely take a car! It was a little rough on our stroller, and us haha.

The best part was being spontaneous. I think it made our trip so much more fun! This is the first time we've done something like this since little Emma came along, because it is a little harder to be spontaneous with a babe in toll! But she was a CHAMP. I think she's definitely Swedish, since she is enjoying the outdoors so much lately. (Not that I don't enjoy the outdoors, I just feel like Swedes treasure good weather and take advantage a lot more.) She didn't even cry when I dipped her feet in the cold ocean a week ago. Brave baby!

Emma was content to lay there and play with her feet while we were swimming and could keep an eye her.

Her eyelashes... seriously?! BEAUTIFUL
My awkward and goofy husband who I adore ridiculously much.

We enjoyed the water way too much, and if we have anymore free time when it's warm you'll know where to find us!! Joel was as happy as a giddy school boy, and said this trip to the lake made his WHOLE summer. 

On our way up and on the way back down, there was a rough patch of rocks. We wanted to hold E while we walked through them because we felt so bad watching her jiggle around in her stroller haha.


PS- We may or may not have gone skinny dipping. Right before I jumped off the ledge someone drove up and I screamed as I jumped into the water. That may or may not have happened... Or it might have. Let's just say I have never felt more Swedish in my life ;)

2 notes:

Megan and Jared said...

Haha!! I love that you went skinny dipping! I have always wanted to with Jared and never have. I dont know if I would be brave enough if the opportunity ever came up :). Way to be Swedish!

Shantel said...

I love spontaneous things like this. So much fun! Especially when babies get old enough that you can just scoop them up and bring them along without having it be such a big deal. It looks like it was a beautiful day.