Monday, July 7, 2014

June Vacation Week 2

This last week the weather was oh so dumb. It was rainy and not fun. Boo. To give you an idea, the warmest it got during the day was how warm it was in Utah during the NIGHT. I should probably stop looking at the weather forecast for Utah because I always get jealous how nice it is..

Anyways, enough about how much I am craving a warm summer right now! We relaxed, and we've done a couple other things trying to take advantage of Joel's last few days of vacation.

We went to the museum in Gothenburg!! It was nice. And quiet. And Emma wanted to talk to herself and squeal... she made it a little hard to focus haha. Then Emma started to get tired and frustrated, thus resulting in us leaving (E has a hard time falling asleep in her stroller. Sometimes she will, sometimes she refuses. She sleeps really well in her crib though, so I can't complain too much). We were able to see a little bit, but I can't wait to go back and see the whole museum. Afterwards we walked across the street to the library! I was dying to check out the English section, to see if they had any good books. I am always up for a good book! (Any tips anyone?? I really like love stories in the Jane Austen time period) I didn't get to see much, but was disappointed the selection wasn't too big. Oh well. 



Yes, we all accidentally wore stripes. I forgot I was wearing stripes while I was dressing Emma and before we left, Joel walks out in a striped shirt and I just had to laugh.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This week we also visited my good friend Amanda and her family in Alingsås, about an hour drive from where we live. I stayed with them when I came over to Sweden the first time, when I met Joel in 2011! You can read about it HERE.

We just hung out and chatted away with her and her husband while eating delicious food. It was nice to catch up with them! I couldn't resist taking pictures of E on Amanda's super cute rug.

Since E has gotten so much stronger in her legs and can stand up for minutes at a time, her legs are always straight like this nowadays.

She really enjoys talking and giggling to herself.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This past Saturday we heard the weather was going to be NICE and WARM. Finally. On Joel's last free day before he starts work. Typical. I emailed my sis-in-law, and we planned to go to the beach! It was very humid, and the sun ended up not being out too much. Hanging out with friends though is still fun, even though I was worried about my baby the whole time. Joel and I were so stressed trying to hurry and leave for the beach, that we hardly grabbed ANYTHING. The only things we brought were towels and Emma's little bumbo chair. Poor Emma didn't even have a hat, and when I saw Eva (my sis-in-law) putting sunscreen on her kids I thought, "Oh dear, I should probably lather my child in sunscreen as well..." This whole mom thing is still new to me, ok?? When we got to the beach we realized we didn't have any food or water either. I can't believe how many times we said, "What were we thinking?! Obviously we weren't thinking." At least Emma always has food ;)


Joel's job that day was to watch the busy two year old, and he did quite a good job keeping her entertained!


This is when the sun FINALLY came out for a few minutes. Quite the difference, eh?


We also had too much fun throwing that same two year old into the air :)



I finally got brave right before we left and dipped super quick into the ocean. It was surprisingly refreshingly nice! Not sure how often I'd do it, but it was nice just that once ;) Joel talked me into it...

And to end this post with an adorable picture of Emma, showing how big and strong she is getting!! I am such a proud mom :)

2 notes:

Kami Leishman said...

I love that you all wore stripes! I'm a big stripe lover....stripes make up most of closet haha. That last picture of her standing up is soo cute!

Megan and Jared said...

She is such a cutie, I love the picture of her on the rug with her little legs sticking straight out!