Friday, February 22, 2013

Slumdog Millionaire

Tonight I REALLY wanted to write a blog post. I sat here forever trying to decide what exactly. I have these thoughts during the day that I want to write about, but when I sit down I can't remember a single thing. I then look around the apartment for ideas, and all I can really see is Cheeto. All you people that follow me on instagram know I am obsessed with her, because every other picture is of her.. and I really am sorry for all the cat pictures I post. She is just SO CUTE. Joel and I say that every day. Ok, maybe more than a few times a day. 

On July 27th my little sister will be getting sealed for all time and eternity in the Salt Lake temple to such an incredible young man, and I could not be more proud of them. I am also very glad she is getting married, so I have a good reason to come home!!! No matter what, I am coming home.. such a nice and comforting feeling to know and have a set date. Aj is such an amazing young woman, and since she has started dating Ryan, it has been amazing to see how they have grown and supported each other. I have seen my sister grown into a beautiful and spiritual woman, all because of him! I can not thank him enough for loving my little sister, and treating her like a queen.

Joel and I watched Slumdog Millionaire a few nights ago (me for the first time), and lets just say it was NOT what I was expecting. Not even sure what I was expecting, but not that. I was pretty overwhelmed the majority of the time, because we had the subtitles in Swedish, and they were speaking English with a SUPER thick accent. Annnnd they didn't have the option for English subtitles. Thus resulting in Joel having to translate a good chunk of the movie for me. The whole movie I was incredibly grateful I wasn't raised "in the slums" like the main characters. It broke my heart to see people living like that, and how much abuse was going on throughout the movie. I felt grateful to know I have a savior and a good, supportive religion. And I also know where I was before this life, and where I will be going.. and who I will be spending the rest of eternity with. 

1 notes:

Angels4JJ said...

YES!! You finally watched it!! I went to go see slum dog millionaire twenty one times in the theater!! I have the DVD and the sound track... This is Jasmin btw lol