Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Our Apartment

I don't know if any of you knew this... but we moved December first. It has taken a little while to get this new apartment fixed up and slightly presentable, but I believe it is ok now! Most of the people that view my blog live in the states and will probably never see our apartment, so I thought why not show them where I live?? :)






Our beautiful mint green bathroom from the 60's.


I plan on putting up more pictures around us, just FYI that is not finished ;)



My own painting studio ;)







Our cute old fashioned coat hanger... but you can't really see it, sorry :/

And that is our nice little apartment everyone!! It is so perfect for the two of us, and Cheeto (who had to be in every picture haha!)
The cool wallpaper was here when we moved in. Luckily, the guy that lived here before was a painter and redid EVERYTHING. We feel so lucky to have it look so nice for how old it is. It was built in the 60's! When you open the cupboards and such you can see how old it is. On the outside it looks nice at least!
"They" are planning on renovating this huge apartment complex actually. When we moved in in December, they told us they could promise us a year. Buuuut there is a lot of protesting going on (I guess, or so I have heard) so they haven't even started on the first buildings clear down at the other side. Everyone is protesting because the rent will go up once everything is renovated... Once they would start on the other end, it could take three years before they would even get to our end. So we aren't too worried with that :)

Other news, as of late:


Last week, this lovely woman and I had a girls night!!! Our first one with no baby or husbands. Neither of us have had one since before I got here... 8+ months!!! It was verrrry much needed. We had so many good snacks, watched The Notebook (Sissela had never seen it before, so I HAD to show her of course!!), and just enjoyed each others company :)

I am not a fan of how strong Cheeto's jaw is getting..



I called these Swedish Scones on insta, but Joel told me they are technically English scones. So simple yet so delicious. Posting these again make me want to make more hehe.

3 notes:

Shantel said...

So cute! I love all of the pretty pictures. The house looks so perfect for you guys.

Rob Colvin said...

Love that painting studio and the French easel.

Mindy said...

Your apartment IS perfect!! And Cheeto is king of it all! I can tell! :)