Tuesday, January 5, 2016

William Michael: 2 Months Old


Having my parents here has been the perfect timing. William is more interactive than a new newborn, and he loves to cuddle still. A good mix if I do say so myself! Little William is growing so fast. I've loved having a newborn again, but gosh I forgot the newborn phase is HARD. The past few weeks Will has only been sleeping 5-10 min max, then waking up and is awake for 2-3 hours.... not enough sleep if you ask me!! He has been super gassy and I thought that was waking him up, until my mom asked if we should swaddle him to help keep him asleep. Swaddling again was the last thing I wanted to do.... since I swaddled Emma, it was a hard habit to break until she was 8 or 9 months old. I really didn't want to have to do that again, but here we go! Because he is sleeping SO much better. He is smiling again and just happy! Before he looked uncomfortable, sad, overly tired. I love this newborn phase and I am trying to soak in every second, but at the same time I am very much looking forward to his 3 month mark!

He is such a strong little dude!!



There isn't too much to update on little William other than that... other than he's started smiling and finding his fingers more and more. That first smile he gave me makes everything worth it! Especially all the late nights and the spitting up. Last night was the first night he slept for 7 hours straight! A newborn that sleeps for 5 hours without waking up is considered sleeping through the night, so I am very impressed! I won't expect it again though. With him I have to go to bed expecting to have a long night, just so I don't get my hopes up.

None of us are looking at the camera, but I still love this picture because most of us look happy! ;)



I've tried to cut certain things out of my diet to help with his little tummy, and I think William is feeling much better! My pediatrician recommended milk and chocolate especially. At the time she recommended that, my biggest craving was chocolate milk of all things!! Boooo. I have chocolate here and there but not milk, and it seems to have helped.  I also don't eat onions, I've heard that's a big one too. When it comes to this, it's so hard to know what is causing the tummy ache! What works for one person might not work for another.

The way little Will screams at me wanting more food when I know he needs to burp is one of my favorite things! And I am right every time ;) I get the song, "Mooooother knows best!" from Tangled stuck in my head every time.

1 notes:

Megan and Jared said...

He is such a cutie! Both of my boys just sort of grew out of their swaddle and didn't have a really hard time adjusting. I hope Will is the same for you and you don't have to break the habit :)