Friday, January 29, 2016

A Few Q&A's About Us

1) What is his name? Joel David Steven Herrey. His original name when he was born was Joel Steven Herrey, but when he got older he wanted someone from the family in his name, so they added in David who is Joel's uncle on his mom's side of the family. 

2) Who eats more? Definitely Joel. Except for when I'm pregnant and sometimes when I'm nursing, I feel like I can eat almost as much!

3) Who said I love you first? Joel did. I remember I had just moved up to college for the fall semester and we were skyping. He seemed super nervous, but I was a little distracted trying to move in with my friend Heidi helping me. Joel wanted to tell me so bad but wanted to tell me in private, which is why he was so nervous!

4) Who is taller? Joel is. I am 166cm and Joel is 178cm. When I use to wear heels we were close to the same height! I don't wear heels anymore because I need to chase after a toddler... which I guess would be extremely entertaining in heels! ;)

At Festinord when we officially became a couple

5) Who is smarter? I like to think we both are in different ways. We even each other out very well! He is very logical (from his dad) with a touch of intuitive thinking (from his mom). I like to think I'm a logical thinker as well, so Joel and I are usually on the same page about different things. 

6) Who is more sensitive? Gosh these questions are hard! I like to think we both are... but that's just me. Joel says I'm more sensitive, but that it's a tough question and that we are sensitive in different ways. I would say Joel is more sensitive when it comes to words. What you say to him really affects him! When you praise him sincerely, it makes his whole day if not his whole week. I'm more sensitive to quality time. If I'm spending time with someone and they have their phone out and not really "with" me, I feel hurt.

7) Who does the laundry? I definitely do! Sooo much fun... 

8) Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I do. That's next to the wall and William's crib is in between our bed and the wall. It makes sense for me to sleep on the right side since I need the crib close to me... for obvious reasons. Like to get up with a baby all the time during the night!

9) Who pays the bills? Joel mainly does. He organizes the bills and I sit with him and go through our receipts for the past month. We like to sit and do it together to make sure we understand where we stand money-wise for the month.

10) Who cooks more? Haha!! Joel definitely does! I am quite lucky to have a man who loves to cook so much. I can count on maaaaybe two hands how many times I have cooked...

11) What meals do you cook together? Joel usually does most of the cooking while I distract the children. Does that count cooking together? ;)

12) Who is more stubborn? I would say Joel. I am more easy going and go with the flow. I am fine with him making decisions if I agree with him, but we are good at communicating if I don't agree with something.

13) Who is first to admit they're wrong? We're both good at admitting if we are wrong. I wouldn't really know who is first, because we both admit when we're wrong. I don't know who is first really...

14) Who has more siblings? I do. We use to have the same (he has 4 brothers and I had 4 sisters), but a little more than a year ago my parents adopted two little girls Cambria (6) and Berkley (4). I now have 6 little sisters!

15) Who wears the pants in the relationship? Joel. Definitely Joel. And I enjoy letting him wear the pants! While I wear the skirt ;)

16) What do you like to do together? We watch a lot of Netflix together (right now we're watching the animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars together! #nerds) and I always request to eat a good burger when we go out to eat on dates! I can't resist a burger. And Joel always let's me get my burger ;)

17) Who eats more sweets? I would say I do! Mwahaha. Joel is more of a salty/chip lover, while I have more of a sweet tooth. 

18) Guilty pleasures? I love chocolate, ice cream, cereal, and anything caramel. I have such a weak spot for caramel! Joel likes chocolate as well, but he's on more of a chip and salty kick. Ok, he loves chips!!

19) How did you meet? Gosh... that's quite a long story. You can just read it HERE.

On our first date

20) Who asked who out first? Joel asked me out over facebook because he didn't have my number. I guess facebook is good for something, right?? :) I added him first on facebook though, so who knows what would have happened if I didn't!

21) Who kissed who first? Joel kissed me first. First he kissed my forehead, then my cheek, then my mouth! Such a romantic ;) You can read more HERE.

22) How/where did he propose? Joel proposed to me at temple square on December 22nd, right before Christmas. If you know how busy temple square is right before Christmas, you will understand why Joel was so nervous about finding a spot to kneel down and ask me to marry him! Luckily he found a spot right by the fountain across from the pedestal. You can read more HERE!


23) His best features? There is so much I love about Joel... but I would say my favorite features of his would be his eyes. He has such big and loving eyes with amazing eyelashes, which is where Emma gets her ridiculously beautiful eyelashes from.

24) What is his greatest quality? I think his loving heart and his kindess. Joel is loving and respectful to everyone he meets, and that was the first thing I noticed that when we met. He is kind and just happy! I am one proud wife, that is for sure.

0 notes: