Monday, July 6, 2015

Strawberry Picking and Eating and Pure Happiness

Last year when Emma was 3 months old, I knew I wanted to take her strawberry picking. We had lots of fun last year, but she was so small it was hard to pick strawberries with a baby strapped to me! I am so glad Emma was able to run around this year... it was much easier!

When I saw this summer dress at H&M a few months ago, I knew I had to buy it and save it for Emma to pick strawberries in! I am so glad I did.... oh those small things that make me so happy :)

This year, I had a feeling Emma would LOVE picking strawberries, and oh boy was I right. Picking strawberries was one of the highest items on my bucket list to accomplish this summer!! Luckily Joel was able to get off work a little early so we would have plenty of time. It was the best feeling to get to the strawberry fields having plenty of time to pick and eat. Joel and his mom focused on picking strawberries while I focused on Emma... who wanted to eat everything including the rotten and green strawberries. Aaaand the smashed ones off the ground ;) After a while she got the hang of it!

Now we have a problem. Whenever we go to the store, Emma thinks she can eat as much as she wants still! It's been kind of hard to explain to her that we have strawberries at home, and that those are the stores' strawberries ;)

My strong strawberry picking Swedish man :)


I find it amazing how these small things can make kids so happy, thus making us adults happy! Having my own kid, I have loved living "through" Emma in a sense... experiencing everything for the first time through her eyes. I never knew or understood this part of parenthood before! And this is only the beginning for us ;)



This day we went and picked strawberries felt like the first day of summer! The weather was finally warm enough, and thank goodness because it would have not been fun picking strawberries while it was raining so much!


Joel is very particular when it comes to strawberries. They have to be perfect if he's going to pick em ;)






Most of the pictures I took was at the beginning of the day, before Emma learned to squish all the strawberries thus resulting in the strawberry juice getting ALL over her. I didn't mind since I bought this dress specifically for picking strawberries! I think that should be the #1 rule of strawberry picking... never wear nice clothes you don't want to get dirty! Especially if you have small kids wanting to be picked up ;)




As you can see her dress is a bit more colorful now ;)


Emma was so happy the whole time, she was constantly running towards me with her arms stretched out and gave me the best hugs! Oh my momma heart was melting.









Emma was definitely in her happy place today! Eating as many strawberries as she wanted while being able to run around outside :)

0 notes: