Friday, July 10, 2015

Emma Elaine: 16 Months

Oh how I love my goofy little girl. A few weeks ago Joel had a coworker ask him, "How old is your daughter?" He thought for a second, then replied with, "She's 15 months old!" His coworker was really confused and said, "Why don't you say 1 years old or a year and a half? It's close enough right?" Joel said, "It's similar to saying 15 years old to 16 years old. Babies learn so much in a month, and every month counts!" Oh is this true. I feel like every time I look over at Emma she is learning something new. The other day I look over and she had learned to climb on the couch, then onto the window sill. I didn't even know how to react I was so shocked to see her up there haha! Now that she's figured out how to climb on everything, time to start round 2 of baby proofing! Or toddler proofing?...

Let me present: Emma, the bikini model! ;)
Emma still doesn't talk very much. Well, not much at all actually haha. I've heard that babies that learn multiple languages it takes them longer to talk so I'm not too worried... most of the time ;) I mean, learning one language is hard enough and she is learning double! I don't know how, but I guess she'll learn somehow! I know she can say some words, and I try to get her to say certain words... but she just talks a lot of gibberish in her high little pitched voice. Her favorite word to say right now is 'boo!' she really loves peek-a-boo right now, and thinks whoever will play with her is the funniest person on the planet. Even when Emma is talking to my mom on facetime, Emma will laugh SO HARD when my mom plays peek-a-boo with her.

I love that her dress is stuck along with that smirk on her face ;)

Emma and I went to Joel's first crossfit competition last weekend. He is starting her training early ;)

If I were to describe Emma in one word, I would probably use goofy or silly. She is always entertaining us, most of the time Joel and I just sit back and watch her! Emma gets into these goofy Joel's parents talk a lot about Emma and how similar she is to Joel when he was a baby. Always "experimenting"... Let's see, now how do I describe this... for example. One day, Emma found it interesting when she walked on her tippy toes, and she did that almost all day. She also loves to walk on her hands and feet, as well as walk backwards and sideways.



We have noticed lately how frustrated Emma has been trying to communicate with us and wanting certain things. Usually I'm pretty good at guessing or being in tune with what she wants or needs, but sometimes I just really can't understand! Now that she is getting older it is kind of weird to see her growing up and wanting more than the basics... diaper change, sleep, or food ;) Last night she wanted water, and it took a good 4 or 5 guesses before Joel and I finally figured her out!

When someone teases her Emma runs away to me as fast as she can and hugs me while screaming. I die.

Lately Emma likes to be kept busy. Which I don't mind since we are having summer here in Sweden finally! Luckily when I was really sick in the beginning of this pregnancy, Emma loved to play on her own and entertained herself really well. I've noticed when I take Emma outside, even if it is just for a 30 minute walk, she is so much happier! I am amazed how a little fresh air can make her so happy. I like to joke that I know when Emma is super happy because she starts breathing fast and pants just like a dog! It always cracks me up.

0 notes: