Monday, July 20, 2015

Baby #2 Bumpdate: Week 25


I cannot believe how different this pregnancy has been from Emma's. I heard that every pregnancy is different, but this one has been much harder for me. I feel as though everything has been amplified! My emotions and pain especially. With Emma I never experienced ligament pain, but this pregnancy has been tough! I don't have it all the time, but when I do the pain along with my hormones aren't exactly a good mix. Today I broke down... feeling like I wasn't in control of my body at all. Peeing my pants all the time, even when sneezing... being in pain and not being able to get off the couch. It is amazing what us women go through to get these sweet babies here! I hear stories of other women who have hard pregnancies, and then I feel like maybe mine isn't so bad. But at the same time this pregnancy is hard for me, even if it would be easier for someone else. I try hard and I don't want to complain, when I know this pregnancy could be a lot worse. Sorry if it sounds like I'm complaining, it's just been hard this past little while.

I think I have a hard time not being in control of my body, or as strong as it once was before I was pregnant. Part of me is excited to have my sweet little boy here as well as the whole healing process in effect after delivery. The other part of me loves this one on one time I have with Emma, so I do want him to take his time ;) gosh I have so many thoughts and feeling going on, it's hard to know what to say.

My happy place during this pregnancy is finding time throughout the day (especially at night) to relax and focus on this little guy growing. I try to imagine what he'll look like... I picture a mini Joel that is very typical Swedish looking with light blonde hair and bright blue eyes. We'll just have to wait 4 more months to see I suppose!!!

Other than the pelvic pain and hormones, I feel really great. I have no idea how big the baby is, but I am happy to feel him squirming and getting stronger every day. 

Emma was having a hard time being patient during my photoshoot ;)

1 notes:

Shantel said...

I'm sorry that this pregnancy has been so hard on you! Give yourself a huge pat on the back for all the effort you are going through to get that little guy here, and then write a letter to him that you can pull out when he's a teenager and being a pain and show him: "Look at how much I love you and how much I had to go through for you!" I'm sure it will work miracles. :)