Friday, January 23, 2015

Learning the Hard Way

I officially hate jet lag. It took Emma a good week and a half before she finally stopped waking up in the middle of the night W I D E awake and wanting to scoot around and explore. I am beyond happy she is somewhat back to normal... but Emma has learned a new trick, you see. When we came back to Sweden, she saw her bed as a play place instead of a bed! It has taken her a while to learn how to pull herself up onto things (when she scoots her front leg is always stuck in front of her, so she has a really hard time pulling herself up), so when we got home and attempting to get off jet lag... of course that was the time she figured out how to pull herself up in her bed.


Joel and I were praying together before going to asleep, when all of the sudden I hear a giggle. I turn around and Emma is pulling a huge cheesy smile at us! It is fun seeing her learn, but oh dear it is hard to get her to sleep these days! This is her cheeser face:


Anyways, in other news...

Emma and I had a little play date the other day at our friend Isabel and Mio's house! While Isabel was putting Mio down for a nap, I couldn't resist snapping some pictures of Emma:

I felt so Swedish today! Haha. I had an urge to take Emma outside. I love how the Swedes bundle their kids up in sleeping bags and take them out! There is a saying in Swedish that says, "There's no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothes." 



Aaaaand to end this random blog post, here are two pictures of Emma I couldn't resist  putting up:


Joel and Emma at Emma's cousin's first birthday party!


HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!

1 notes:

Crystal said...

She is getting so CUTE!! And yes, I have totally stolen the saying "there is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothes". It's my new favorite :)