Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Introducing... the Bateman Family!

Photo credit goes to: Tiffany Jensen

Our first week in the states we had some family pictures done, and I am so glad we took the time and effort to get all 7 of us girls dressed up and out the door! We were freezing, and while some family members were having their picture taken the rest of us were trying to keep warm in the car. You would never guess it was cold until you see Emma's face! Her expression says it all ;) 

Let me introduce... the Bateman family!


Let's start with Berkley Mae. Berks is my one of my new little sisters my parents adopted this past November! She just turned 3 years old and she is super good at playing on her own and taking care of others. Emma absolutely adores her and still laughs whenever she hears Berkley's voice. She also weighs 3 lbs more than Emma... hehe! ;) Berks also loves to look at pictures on the phone. I am so glad she is apart of our family!

Cambria Rose is my other new lil sis! She will be 5 in a few months, and she was such a great little helper while we were in the states. She was always asking, "Mollie can I hold Emma? Does Emma need a toy? Can I push Emma in the stroller?" The questions were endless ;) I love her being apart of our family as well!

This is Samantha June, my 13 year old sister. She plays basketball and soccer and is plays/drama at school! She also has the most ridiculously long eye lashes I have ever seen. My dad is Sam's idol. She listens to the same music as him, likes the same sports and when she was a little younger she ALWAYS had to sit by him, especially during church. Sam is also obsessed with reading, and will have a book at her side at all times. Lately Joel talked her into reading The Lord of the Rings series!

Lindsey Nicole is 15 years old and is kind of my little twin. We might not look alike, but we are more alike in personality and body type. Lindsey enjoys throwing the discus in track and running cross country. The day before we left the states she had a very serious knee surgery (her knee kept popping out of place), and it will take about 6 months to heal. I hope it heals fast for her, so she can continue being active in high school!

My dear sister here is Annie Claire. She is 19 years old! Where to begin with her... she works at Sally's Beauty Salon up in Idaho. She also went to Evan's hair school and now studies graphic design at BYUI. If I need my hair coloured or cut I go to Annie. If I need a picture edited I go to Annie. If I need advice on a craft I go to Annie!! She basically has endless talent! ;)

Allison Jayne is my sister closest to me in age. She is 21 years old and is married to Ryan Winn, and they live up in Rexburg going to BYUI as well. In high school AJ was the sports star of the family! I always joke that she was the son my dad never had ;) She played basketball, soccer, and went to state multiple times in track running the 400 meter dash and the 200 meter sprint. AJ even went to college on a scholarship at Westminster and ran for them. Now AJ wants to be a school teacher and will be done with school in about 1 and 1/2 years.
Ryan is just a few months younger that me, and really wants to get into real estate. He loves anything to do with business. He comes from a spunky loving family in Idaho! I call them my American "in-laws" because they are just that great.

My dad finally has boys in the family!

These two are some of the most special people to me, my dear parents! My mom fell in love with him when she was 12 and my dad first noticed her when she outran all the boys on the track team! My mom waited for him while he served a 2 year Spanish speaking mission in California, and they were married in the Salt Lake LDS temple on August 6th in 1986. 

My dad has a love for all things music and The Walking Dead. He also loves us girls so much, that while he is making cookies and we're watching a chick flick, he brings us each a spoonful of cookie dough without the chocolate chips in it.. just the way us Bateman girls like it! (yeah, I know we are spoiled!!)
My mom loves Minnie Mouse and would travel to Disneyland in a heartbeat if she could! She also loves crafting and spending quality time with people.


And now for our little family:
Joel is 27 and works for Sweden's biggest cell phone, internet, and TV provider called Telia. He has worked there for about a year now and enjoys the company and his coworkers! He recently got a manager promotion where he will be in charge of 15-20 people. Joel loves to be a leader and to take responsibility, hence the reason why I feel he will do wonders at this new position :) Joel also has a passion for health and fitness! He would especially love to do crossfit.
I am a stay at home mom with sweet little Emma. I spend my days nourishing, loving, and taking care of her needs. I recently found a love for photography, especially taking pictures of Emma. I also love to paint in oil.



And there ya go! Hopefully you know a little bit more about my family :)

1 notes:

Kiana Probst said...

I love this! This is the cutest post ever! I also like the red lipstick :)