Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Thankful

Today I am thankful for quite a few things:

  • My family's health. I believe we haven't been sick in over a year (possibly once), since we started using and loving the VeMMA products.
  • A nice apartment where we feel safe.
  • The chance to attend church every week.
  • Joel likes his job, and looks forward to it.
  • That my husband likes to cook. (I can probably count on one or two hands how many times I have cooked! I am working on it, don't worry..)
  • Technology. Emma and I FaceTime my family almost daily at 5 AM Swedish time, and 10 PM in Utah.
  • Our happy, supportive, and loving marriage.
  • My maternity leave so I can stay home and focus on little Emma.
  • Swedish summers. There is always so much light! And strawberries. And warmth. And we can leave the windows open all day and all night. And awesomeness.
  • Tax returns! We were able to buy tickets to come to the states for Christmas!!! Crazy to think E will be 9 months old by then.
  • Joel is such a great leader for our family.
  • The Paleo diet. Joel introduced me, and we have started to focus on our health more. We have made a lifestyle change and don't focus being on a "diet". We aren't perfect at it, but we have completely changed our mentality on food.
  • My family and in-law's support us and our decisions.

I love this goofy man of mine

I was thinking the other day, when I realized how blessed Joel and I are in our lives. Sure we have our trails and hard things going on, but isn't that what life is about? We need the hard things to appreciate the good things. For me I am very hard on myself, and compare to others. Which is so dumb!!! Why do we do that?? Especially now that I have Emma. I have the thoughts, "Oh that mom does that and her baby does this, Emma needs to work on that and I should probably be doing this." All. The. Time. I have to have little pep talks and remind myself that I am a good mom, as long as I am trying. Let's keep in mind that in this thing called life, we are all going through challenges and trials we might not know about and to support, help, and always be kind to one another.


3 notes:

Jenna said...

This is so great! I'm always doing that as a mom too. I try to remember that my daughter is loved and fed and happy (usually haha). The rest of the stuff is extra :)

Joel Herrey said...

You are a GREAT Mother!

Unknown said...

She Is such a little cutie. Your family is beautiful!