Sunday, June 8, 2014

Emma Elaine: 3 months old

I know I just updated Emma being two months old, but I kind of procrastinated it! Anyways, Emma is three months old now! So weird, I feel like I just had her! (I feel like every mom always says that time goes by ridiculously fast once you have a baby... but it is VERY true) It is crazy to think back on giving birth, it seems like forever ago! Like a dream. I was looking back at pictures from the hospital and I was surprised to see how much she has changed.






Emma is learning so much everyday, and it is much fun to see her learning and thinking so hard! (I feel like I am going to say that in all of her posts haha) She is starting to put her hands in her mouth more and more. She has also grabbed onto her little rattle thing and binkie I dangle in front of her face, and has started to bring things into her mouth! Her hands have also found her feet and she studies them all day. She laughs and giggles so much when she sees Joel or I! She makes our hearts melt. She is making it harder for Joel when he has to leave in the mornings for work! I feel like I spend SO much time with her. By the time Joel gets home from work she is asleep for the night, I so wish Joel could be with us more.. but he is the provider for our little family. He feeds me and I feed her, so we all take care of each other. Quite literally actually! He cooks and I clean up after him ;) which works quite well since I am a perfectionist when it comes to having a clean kitchen, so I like to do it myself. I can probably count on one or two hands how many times I have cooked.. haha. But I am learning still! Joel loves to cook so I just eat what he likes to eat, and I don't complain! ;) Wow that was a little tangent there... but anyways...






She is getting better at not being fussy in big crowds anymore. I almost used to have anxiety because I just KNEW she would be fussy and I would be occupied and trying to calm her down the whole time we'd go anywhere. Church was hard there for a while, but it is getting easier the older she is getting I've noticed.

The past week Emma has been sleeping super well. I don't want to jinx it, just in case she randomly decides to stay up all night! This week she has only woken up once maybe twice to eat! Our routines are getting better, and she also sleeps in her 'wombie' with white noise! With her soft animals snuggling her face of course!






She has a cute little soft raccoon my dad bought for her, and it actually comforts her a lot! Before my parents came to visit Sweden, my mom and dad went shopping. My mom then said, "Ok Bill! Pick out something for your new granddaughter." They were standing in front of a bunch of little animals, and my dad happens to pick the raccoon out of ALL of them. My mom said, "Really?? A raccoon? Out of all those animals, that is what you pick?";) If you notice in probably half the pictures she always has it with her draped over her face. I make sure we bring it everywhere for her to hold onto and comfort her.

Emma laughs, but she kind of reminds me of a dinosaur when she does! When she laughs she breathes in and makes this high pitched sound that is pretty cute, but still reminds me of a dinosaur sound haha. I say, "Hiiiiii Emma!" and she opens her mouth really big and lets out a huge squeal!




I took this video of Emma playing on our tablet (because my phone is dumb and won't turn on) and I think it describes her pretty well! Super happy and playing. You'll notice when she sees me with the tablet she stops and just stares. It's like she knows she's on camera!


2 notes:

Megan and Jared said...

She is such a doll! She looks just like Joel I think :)

Kami Leishman said...

Isn't it the best when they start giggling and laughing at you all the time?! It's so fun. And I agree with Megan, she looks a lot like her daddy!