Friday, September 27, 2019

W02 Reflection: Entrepreneurial Journal


This week's reflection has been more about my why. As a photographer, I've always wanted to take pretty pictures for people but I've never been able to find a strong why. I’ve taught people how to use their DSLR cameras here and there, but nothing too serious. The thought of being a photographer the rest of my life overwhelms me a bit because it comes with a high price of continually revolving around other’s schedules. I’ve always had a fear of missing out on my kids growing up because my job is too demanding. That’s why I’ve been thinking so much about teaching, but I don’t know how to get started or where to start. I see a lot of other photographers teaching, and I want to learn from them too. Maybe that would be a good start, learning from other photographers? Something I learned this week is how important it is to treat life as an “experiment”. What if I create a workshop and no one signs up, what can I do differently the next time in order to sell myself better, and teach people the value they’d get by signing up? By treating my job as an experiment, I need to realize that it is ok to fail and try something different. How can I target more people next time? What can I do to add more value to what I’m going to teach? I love working with people and being friendly, loving, and empathetic is something I pride myself at being good at. This week has helped me realize how important teaching a photography class would be to me, and how I know I’ll want to do it in the future when I’m older. I don’t see myself taking family pictures for the rest of my life since it is such a time and evening commitment when I could be spending that time with my family. That is why I am drawn to the idea of teaching more than ever, especially when I’m older.
Picture by: Molly Kate Studio


0 notes: