Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Mushroom Picking

I think Swedes are so funny. Everyone has a secret spot where they pick mushrooms during mushroom season, and you can't tell ANYONE where your spot is, or else you won't have any mushrooms to go pick. Before moving to Sweden I would have never thought picking mushrooms could be fun and enjoyable. Gosh I don't even like mushrooms!! 

It's a good thing my dear mother-in-"love" has a beautiful way of showing how passionate she is about certain things, and picking mushrooms is one of the things she loves! I can't help but love it along with her because she rubs off on me that much ;) We make sure to bring lots of snacks, the mushroom dictionary (to tell the difference between the poisonous ones and the good ones), little baskets to put the mushrooms in (that Joel used when he was little) and the most important thing: hot chocolate!! We can't pick mushrooms without having hot chocolate to sip on. This year we went with my Joel's older brother Sebastian, his wife Eva, and their kids. I love spending time with them, they really are my family and I feel so blessed to have such good in-laws that I get along with so well. 

Here are some pictures I took from our little adventure last week:

Teaching Emma to put the mushrooms in the basket, and not eat them ;)



This little girl loves chocolate, if you couldn't tell from the chocolate she's saving for later  ;)


"Moooom I don't want to take pictures, I wanna go plaaaay!!"


These two little cousins are my favorite! They are 7 weeks apart.



0 notes: