Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Baby #2 Bumpdate: Week 33


People are already commenting how close I look to being done, and ask when my due date is. I then say that I still have 7 weeks left... and by the looks of their faces they thought I was closer to being done than they thought ;) right now 7 weeks seems so close yet so far away!!!

There isn't too much to update on this week! Other than everything getting heavier and more painful... nothing new has happened! I'm usually always in pain somehow these days... Luckily Emma's run is as fast as my waddle. But I REALLY can't wait to meet this little guy. I've been trying to imagine what he looks like... Will he be a mini Joel? Mini me? Or look like a little boy version of Emma? I'm so curious!!! I'm not to the point in pregnancy where I can't stand to be pregnant anymore... but I can definitely feel it creeping up on me. So far I still love being pregnant, other than heartburn and the baby kicks starting to hurt... it is still wonderful for me thank goodness! Joel recently went to the store and bought me some heartburn medicine, and it has changed my life!!! I don't know why I didn't think about taking medicine earlier. I can actually sleep at night now ;)


My midwife has moved my due date up by a few days (better up a few days than backwards I guess!), but I'm still telling everyone my due date is on Halloween because 1) it's easy to remember and say, 2) I can't really remember which day she moved it to and 3) Emma came 11 days late, so I have to prepare mentally for the same. I know this baby can come earlier, and I'll still be ready with everything of course! But mentally.... having him late is where I need to be. I was soooo disappointed with Emma, I just felt crushed and defeated with every hour that passed... but this time around I will be more prepared! Here in Sweden they will induce if the baby hasn't come by 2 weeks... which part of me is happy with and part of me wishes they would induce earlier! I like the idea of letting my body and baby do the work naturally, coming when both are ready. But gosh!! Every day that passes over the due date is HARD. I am really curious to see how this labor and delivery will go.


So far we haven't agreed on any boy names. Too bad we love so many girl names, haha! We like the classy names that you can never misspell. That much we have agreed on ;) If we were having a girl we like: Alice, Victoria, and Amanda. It's so typical that we're having a boy and can't agree on anything! I want to start thinking of names now, but Joel wants to think of names after he comes and then see what will fit him. He thinks that when we see the baby we will be able to decide on a name... we'll see ;) Also we need names that will sound good in Swedish and English, which is harder than you think! All the names that "work" are taken by Joel's family and extended family of course. For example: I don't want to have the name Jacob because in Swedish it will be pronounced Yakob, the "J" making a "Y" sound. we need a good international name that will work in both countries! It will be interesting to see what we end up picking.

I feel so blessed to have such a good pregnancy, and that I can still chase Emma around for the most part ;)

2 notes:

Megan and Jared said...

You look so cute! I always got the same sort of comments/looks when people found out how much time I had left. That's what we get for being all belly I guess :) I can't wait to hear what you name him!

Kiana Probst said...

Her run is as fast as your waddle haha. You are the cutest pregnant person!!!