Monday, May 25, 2015

Baby #2 Bumpdate: Week 17

Dear 2nd Trimester: I LOVE YOU. I have been feeling so great. Other than feeling tired (no wonder... I'm growing a human and chasing around my other little human) I feel awesome. I did experience ligament pain for the first time yesterday, and let me say that was NOT fun. I would much rather have contractions, haha! I've heard about ligament pain but didn't quite understand it, so when I felt this pain on the side of my stomach I thought something was seriously wrong. Good thing the babe is ok! I feel it squirming around once in a while, and it is the best feeling ever. I love it when Emma is laying on me while cuddling and the little baby is kicking her telling her to get off because it is getting squished... haha sorry little baby!

I'm going through a LOT of emotions right now. Even ask Joel... actually, don't ask Joel haha. I feel like I do so great for a long time, then I just completely crash. I start thinking, "I am such  a bad mom. I'm having a hard time taking care of Emma. How am I going to take care of two kids??" Then I usually cry a lot, sleep it off, and hopefully feel better the next day. Or sometimes I start thinking of little Emma and how nice it is having one baby. She sleeps great, eats great, and poops great. She's pretty easy at this age right now, aaaand we're about to throw a little newborn in the mix. I have the hardest time thinking how she will handle having to share me. She is such a mommas girl! I know it will workout somehow, I just feel bad for her I guess since she has my attention 100% right now. I try to have a good perspective... I am most excited to see their relationship grow, love, and play together. That is something I cannot wait for!!

A week ago we tried taking some pictures outside, and I wanted Emma to be in them with me... too bad she didn't ;) #fail

2 notes:

Madeline said...

Ah! I have been having ligament pain lately and it is the worst! I woke up the other night because of it and I could barely move it hurt so bad. I was like, if contractions are worse than this, I am going to definitely need an epidural!

Kerri Andersen said...

I've had ligament pain this pregnancy a ton! SO painful like you are getting stabbed! you look so cute and will be a great mom to BOTH of your kiddos :)