Saturday, April 25, 2015

Baby #2 Bumpdate: Week 13


I can't believe this is happening. We're really going to be having another little one join our family! We liked Emma so much we decided to make another ;) I haven't been blogging in a while, because I haven't been in the mood and haven't really known what to blog about since I didn't want to talk about my pregnancy just yet. Now that we've finally been able to announce our new little one, I feel up to blogging a bit more! I have been documenting a little here and there since I found out I was pregnant:

February 24th: positive pregnancy test! At this point I am still so newly pregnant, but can tell already how different this pregnancy is from Emma's. With Emma I was only sick/nauseous a few days here and there, but as soon as I found out I was pregnant this time I started feeling nauseous immediately. Crazy to see how different these pregnancies already are! #weirdmuch

March 14th- 8 weeks: We finally told my family and Joel's family this week! It has been fun to see everyone's different reactions. I have had such a hard time keeping this a secret... I have been feeling so much more sick and tired this pregnancy, so it is has been nice to tell all those close to us since I've had a hard time hiding it ;) I am feeling so bloated and tight clothes won't look good at all until this bump actually starts to look a little cuter! My hormones are all over the place lately... Joel has definitely noticed, poor guy! I was at the mall earlier this week with my sweet mother-in-love when she said, "Mollie! You skin is glowing!!" I had to hurry and reply, "Well I am wearing makeup today, that's why!" Haha we most definitely surprised last night though.

On Emmas birthday is when I told my parents. I wasn't planning on telling them that day since I wanted to try and get my whole family together on one giant google + for "Emma's birthday" the next day (I wanted to have an excuse to get my family together to tell them all without seeming too obvious), but then my dad said, "Well I am on call for work tomorrow so I probably won't be able to be there..." I then realized I would rather tell my parents together and my sisters who live in Idaho separately. That's when I hurried and blurted out, "We got Emma a new brother or sister for her birthday!!" My mom's reaction, "You were supposed to warn me!!!!" Haha sorry mom, I really wanted to surprise you!

We told Joel's parent's last night at our "taco Friday" night. I wanted to tell them through the prayer we'd have before eating the food. In my mind Joel could pray normally then add at the end, "... and please bless Mollie and her pregnancy that she will start to feel better and have a healthy pregnancy." It ended up working out eventually... haha! The hardest part was trying to get everyone together for the prayer. People kept saying, "Oh pray without me, I'll be there in a minute!" When Joel and I kept telling everyone that we'd wait for them. Eventually Joel and I left the room to prolong the prayer! Eventually we got Joel's family together, and as soon and Joel ended it his mom's reaction was priceless!! "MOLLIE. WHAT?!" We totally surprised her and Joel's dad so good!! I had Joel's mom believing that she would help me take care of Emma when I would have my birth control rod in my arm removed. Little did she know I had it removed without her knowing ;)

Weeks 6-11: I was oh so sick. I basically lived on the couch. I was trying so many different things to feel better, from eating crackers to smelling lemons. When I was pregnant with Emma I remembered I had motion sickness wristbands. I am SO GLAD I remembered them, because they basically saved my life! I wasn't too sick with Emma, only for a few days so I didn't really need the wristbands. This time round I have been so sick, and I didn't know how to take care of myself really. Thankfully when I started wearing the wristbands they took away about 70-80% of the sickness. I felt like a whole new person! The first time I wore them, Joel and I went on a day long date to Denmark. Let's just say if I didn't wear the wristbands, I would not have survived!

Week 13: Now I feel so much better, and only feel sick if I don't eat often enough. Thank goodness! I'm so happy that we've finally had our ultrasound this week and the little baby is measuring right on schedule. The second the ultrasound started the baby jumped and I felt so relieved! We have our next ultrasound at week 18, and I am determined to not find out the gender! I am way excited to have this baby be a surprise.

2 notes:

Megan and Jared said...

My first thought when you said you weren't going to find out the gender was "but I want to know!!" Haha :) so could you find out just for me please? ;) I am so excited for you! Our babies will be pretty much the same age differences, so exciting! We will have to compare notes a lot :)

Crystal said...

I'm oh so excited for you!! I wore motion sickness wristbands my whole pregnancy. I couldn't live without them... literally... So So SO happy for a new little one!