Sunday, September 21, 2014

9 Ways My Marriage Has Changed Me

I saw this post on Sincerely, Laura and felt up to the challenge of writing this list! Sometimes I feel bad that I post so much about Emma, so I thought this post would mix it up nicely ;)


How my marriage has changed me:

  • I have learned how to survive not having a car. Joel and I ride busses, trams, and trains everywhere. Or we walk! We walk to the grocery store and 30 minutes to church, when the weather is good ;)


  • I rarely drink soda now, except on special occasions like the traditional Swedish Christmas drink, Julmust!

  • I can't stand watching fight scenes in movies anymore thanks to Joel (he used to do Thai boxing, and points out all the errors now)


  • I have never felt more beautiful and respected than I ever have in my life.



  • I now have a desire to be healthy and fit, whereas before I was married I just wanted to be skinny. Since Joel was into Muay Thai before we got married he was already working out and being healthy, and he has definitely inspired me!



  • I understand (and sometimes play) video games a little bit more now. Joel and I completed the Indiana Jones Lego game together! I'll admit it was a lot of fun to play together!



  • Joel says I'm more mature, thankfully since this picture was taken in High School!

  • I have become a cat person. It helps that I have such a cute and cuddly cat!

  • I know too many Crossfiters names, what they eat, and their workouts. Ladies, who wouldn't want a mans body like this? Let your men do Crossfit! ;)


And that's my list! How has marriage, a relationship, or anything change you? :)

1 notes:

Shantel said...

It's crazy how much a marriage can change you! I love this idea for a post. I might have to steal it. You and Joel are so good for each other!