Sunday, February 23, 2014

Bumpdate: Week 40

You are more than welcome to come any time now little one!! We are dying to meet you!


How far along?  40 weeks (I never ever thought this day would come by the way...) :) Please pray that this will be the last week I get to update my blog!

Size of the baby?  A watermelon / 50 cm / 20 inches / 3500 grams. Maybe. I don't really know how big she is, this is just a guesstimate! 

Weight gain/loss? I think I've gained around 12 kilos or 25 lbs. Not sure on that one either... I try to avoid weighing myself. ;)

Sleep? Great! Well, on and off but more on I think. A couple nights ago I slept horribly because of heartburn, and I told my mom about it. Even though I was taking medicine it was still bad! She then told me I could sleep with more pillows under my head, and that would help. I tried it out last night and let's just say last night I slept AMAZINGLY well!! To think I could have been sleeping like that this whole time...

Stretch marks? Yes. I have some on my hips and I just found one on my stomach the other day. I sure hope it stays like that! I'm not too worried though.

Best moment of the week? Nothing too much happened this week. I have been playing the waiting game... But I did receive a package of baby clothes from a friend in Belgium, and that was super nice!!! It is always fun to get mail :)

Movement? Yep. Not as much, but when she does move she kicks out her feet and it HURTS. When she does my stomach looks like I have some kind of lump growing on the side haha.

Food cravings/aversions? No aversions luckily! I did have a craving to make something sweet last night, but nothing specific. So I made Nutella brownies :)

Labor signs? Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Zippo. And that is SO frustrating. A week ago I was feeling some contractions and felt like things were moving along as they should. But this week... I honestly just feel great. I'm not even tired!! I try to take naps and I can't sleep. I have heard though that right before labor the woman can get a spurt of energy and feel good. I'm hoping this is a sign that labor is close!! Even if it's not the sign I want... I'm sure contractions will come ;)

Swollen? Not really, but just slightly. My ring BARELY doesn't fit. If I wanted to wear it I probably could, but it might be a lil hard to take off.

What I miss? Being skinny. Wearing normal clothes. Being able to put on clothes without my stomach hurting. Also doing every day normal things like bending over without having a big ball like thing in the way all the time! Need I go on? ;)

What I am looking forward to? Meeting her! I am dying to know what she looks like... I can't stop thinking about things like... who has the dominant gene? Everyone I talk to thinks she'll have dark hair, but I think Joel's light Swedish side will be more dominant! But we'll see! Hopefully we'll see soon...

Nursery? Yep! All set up and just playing the waiting game.

Emotions? Great! I have a couple of breakdowns once in a while but I think that is normal. Or at least I hope so!

3 notes:

Jenna Haderlie said...

You look so great! The waiting game is the worst, but pretty soon you will be having contractions (sooner rather than later! You are going to be such a great mommy! She is so lucky!

Shantel said...

So exciting! I'm sure she will be there soon. Honestly, I feel fabulous all the way up until the day I went into labor. I remember starting to feel a little sick, and after a couple of hours I was surprised to realize that I wasn't feeling sick to my stomach - I was actually in labor. Then soon it was full fledged and she was here the next day. It happens so fast! You're going to do great.

(And I second your comment, from my post, about not having to type in the weird letters at the end. It's so nice to just be able to comment!)

Megan and Jared said...

The last little bit ia so hard to wait through! But then it happens and it seems like it's all over so fast, even if it really isn't :) Good luck with everything!