Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Bumpdate: Week 37

This week... I don't feel like answering those questions again. I want to mix it up a little bit and just talk about how my pregnancy has been going. :)

Since my last post I feel as though I've had some women concerned about me, which I think is kind of cute! My midwife has told me my baby might come early if not by my due date (because the baby's head has been fixed for a few weeks and my body is "preparing" for labor), they are concerned that I will get my hopes up and be devastated if our little girl doesn't come early.

Honestly, since my midwife told me that I got excited! I started packing our bags and washing everything to get ready just in case. Mentally I am ready for her to be late so I don't get my hopes up. BUT. If she comes early we are prepared :) I still feel like I am going to be pregnant forever though haha. I mean, the baby HAS to come out sometime right??

I think the weirdest thing will be bringing her home from the hospital. I mean, you should have seen us freaking out when we brought home just the stroller! Picturing us with a baby in the car seat made us so excited and antsy. Getting the stroller made everything seem extra real for some reason!

A couple weeks ago Joel and I were at IKEA to buy some more stuff for the apartment. Of course we walk in with the idea of ONLY buying one or two things.. and of course walk out with a lot more than that ;) IKEA you won again!
While we were there we bought little ice cream cones for 5 SEK... that isn't even a dollar. They were little but oh so good. I keep on telling Joel I want one of those ice creams again, but it is a little hard to get to IKEA without a car ;) We had some ice cream the other day and I was hoping it would quench my thirst for that IKEA ice cream, buuuut it didn't unfortunately. I STILL can't stop thinking about it haha! I find it quite ridiculous that I only want that certain kind of ice cream! Dang pregnancy cravings.

Other than that... nothing new with the pregnancy! She's still moving and hiccuping like normal ;) Well, I guess the baby has "dropped" and I feel her pushing down all the time! Which is exciting... yet extremely uncomfortable haha. But I don't think the whole labor process is supposed to be comfortable, right?

Now for a belly pic! I honestly don't feel too big... but then I try to stand up. And I feel huge. Especially looking in a mirror. Oh dear ;)

6 notes:

Jenna said...

BABY!!!! SO excited for you, Mollie! Have patience, but also be super excited! You're in for the ride of a lifetime!

Jenna said...

p.s. you better post your birth story on here. or else.

Janel Andersen said...

So excited for you! Reading your comments takes me back to 3 yrs. ago when we were getting ready for Ammon to come. SO EXCITING!!

Megan and Jared said...

So excited for you!!! It's such an adventure!

Kerri Andersen said...

when we got our stroller, we would take it on walks when i was still pregnant. an empty stroller. haha we called them "practice walks". we were a little anxious too. and i also never believed i was having baby either. like when we were driving to the hospital i was totally calm because it totally hadn't hit me at all.but trust me, she will come and it will be wonderful!! :)

Shantel said...

Yay! Good things are coming your way!