Sunday, May 26, 2013

Gratefulness and Blessings

I just got done reading a blog post about The Disease Called "Perfection". It was interesting, and I believe had a good point to it. By the time I was done reading it, I had such a weird feeling... a mixture of gratefulness and also sadness. I felt grateful, realizing all that I have and seeing what other people struggle with (from what the commenters said on the blog)... from over eating, being lazy, not feeling good enough to take care of their kids, and cheating on a spouse... to depression, being over weight, and addictions. I felt so much sadness, realizing how much everyone is going through in the world today attempting to be 'perfect' on the outside. What I have come to realize is that most people that look 'perfect' on the outside, are struggling on the inside.

If you wish to read this blog post, you can read it HERE.

Thinking about this post, and after reading the comments on his blog post.. I have been trying to decide how I feel about it. Like I said, it made me feel grateful and sad. I made the decision to look at the positive side of this and not focus on the negatives, which was what everyone that commented on this post was doing. Sure I could list the negatives that I struggle with on the inside, but that would be terribly depressing!! Thus resulting in me wanting to look at the positives in my life :)

Here is the list of things I have been reflecting on that I am grateful for:
- my healthy marriage
- my husband loves and respects me
- we have never gone hungry
- we are not in debt
- we help eachother up, not push eachother down
- we communicate well
- we have public transportation to get around, so we didn't have pressure of needing a car right away
- we have such a lovely apartment. the guy that lived here before us was a painter, and redid everything
- we are (mainly, we try haha) healthy
- we have a wonderful support system of family and friends on both continents
- THANK GOODNESS FOR AIRPLANES so we can travel back and forth!!!!
- we have plates to eat on, and silverware to eat with
- we both have jobs
- we live in a clean country
- technology.. geez, where would we be without it??
- good friends


Basically, this list can go on and on... hopefully you get the point ;) What are you grateful for?
Happy Sunday everyone!!


0 notes: