Wednesday, March 2, 2016

WE'RE MOVING!



Orange County, California here we come!!! Joel will be working with my sister's husband Ryan for the summer and we can't wait. Every time I get the kids ready to leave the house I am reminded that I won't have to do this anymore in a couple months!!!!! Putting on layers and layers of clothes to survive this cold, I am so done. Moving back to the states is definitely bittersweet. People are asking how my in-laws are handling it, and I just say, "How do you think??" ;) I am going to miss all my friends and family here who we have grown to love so much. I find it hard sometimes to be so excited for our move when I feel this torn.

When Joel and I first got married we knew this would be hard to always have part of our hearts in another country... but I didn't know it would be THIS hard. Gosh. We aren't scared at all for the move... yet at least ;) I would say we are more anxious that everything will fall into place before we move. Like for instance... getting our apartment ready in one month. We don't have too much of value that we want to ship over (except our bed!), so our goal is to sell as much as we can or give to the second hand store. Joel and I keep looking up different things on google maps and what will be close to us.. Like Disney Land, different LDS temples, Costco, and so much more! We'll also be about 30-45 minutes away from my uncle which is extremely comforting to me as well. 

We've also been asked a lot about what we'll do after the summer. To be honest, we have so much to do before we come to the states, I have hardly thought about our situation in the fall. Either way we are so excited about life and to have this opportunity! 

1 notes:

Kerri Andersen said...

I am excited for you! The winter on Germany is awful, and Sweden is even worse i think! I totally miss a lot of things about America (Costco! You lucky girl! And target. Go there for me). But I will be sad to leave here too. I must say I'm kinda bummed you're moving before we had a chance to visit! But I'm excited for you! California is the best place too! Enjoy the sunshine and warmth for me ;)