Thursday, March 17, 2016

Emma Elaine is TWO!!!

I just need to post this blog post. I want to say so much about our sweet Emma, but since we are moving halfway across the world in a few weeks, I'm finding it is WAY hard to sit down and blog when I have way too much to do. I will say a few things I want and need to remember Emma at this age!

I love having a two year old, but gosh it can be so fun yet exhausting at the same time. I love Emma so much that I just want to teach her and show her everything, but then she is so little and she often reminds me to slow down. I'm constantly reminded how to best help Emma. Emma is learning sooooo much, especially since she is learning two languages at home. I can't even comprehend how much she understands! I find it interesting how she mainly uses English words with me, then slowly starts switching out the English word for the Swedish word when she talks to Joel. She doesn't use sentences yet, usually just one word or half of a word. The other day she kept saying, "car! car! car!" to me, then she turned to Joel and said, "bil! bil! bil!" (which is Swedish for car ;)) she also says words like: oh no, woooow, oj!, titta, plea (please), tak yew (thank you), tack, honey (from Winnie the Pooh)... just to name a few. She said her first two word sentence the other day and I about passed out I was so proud of her!! Emma said, "help, please!" and it was just the cutest thing.

I've been having a lot of mom guilt this past little while, sometimes I wish I could only focus on Emma. I love having two kids, but a lot of the time I'm quite overwhelmed! Emma is ok at playing by herself sometimes, but I feel like a lot of the time I need to let her play on the tablet or let her watch a show, so I can focus on nursing little William.

Emma likes to entertain and be the center of attention (most of the time)! When my parents were here visiting I was nervous that Emma would be shy around them, but gosh she was loving all the extra attention!! It made my momma heart so happy that she was so open to getting to know my parents.

When Emma wakes up in the morning or from her nap, she loves to stay and play in her bed for an hour or more. I don't know how she entertains herself, but she's always laughing to herself and just chatting away. Joel and I always look at each other and say, "How can she entertain herself for that long?!" Great talent I guess! Emma has been like that for as long as I can remember. If she wakes up crying I know something is very wrong, and she is usually sick when she wakes up crying.

We had a Winnie the Pooh party for Emma on Saturday! We only had Joel's family over... we didn't do anything for her on her birthday, so I figured we'd we just celebrate as if her birthday was Saturday. When I ask Emma what show she wants to watch she gets this huuuuge smile on her face and says, "Pooh??" Emma hasn't shown too much interest in anything other than her balls and stuffed animals. Those things are definitely her happy place! She loves to snuggle her stuffed animals to sleep, and loves to throw her balls and run after them all day. When people come over to visit, Emma has to share her stuffed animals with them and talks on and on in her own language.

Since I feel most loved when I spend quality time with someone or cuddle, I have a really hard time with Emma who is NOT cuddly and rarely gives hugs. I actually really struggle with this situation, and I'm trying to find ways to sneak in a cuddle here or there. When she was sick with a high fever (of 104 degrees fahrenheit and 40.1 celsius) she didn't move from the couch all day. Even though it was so hard to see her extremely sick, I was loving the chance to cuddle with her and take care of her. I'm curious to see what Emma's love language will be as she gets older. I'm curious to see what Emma's love language will be as she gets older... and how she will feel most loved. Since it is definitely NOT quality time or touch ;)


Emma is so Swedish. She loves to be outside in any weather and that basically kills me to be outside when it's so cold, but it is worth it to see her so happy playing on the freezing playground. Now that it is starting to warm up a bit, I don't mind going out so much anymore.

Emma is so goofy. She loves to play with papa the most and do all these tricks with him. We think it would be fun to sign her up for gymnastics when she gets a little older! She loves to do flips and let Joel throw her around.

She will eat anything. She especially loves cheese, bread, broccoli, Joel's spicy Thai food, and any treat from farmor and farfar's house. There isn't much I can think of now that she won't eat! I remember trying to feed her raisins maybe a year ago? and she wouldn't eat those haha!!

I love that Emma is starting to be interested in things. Right now she loves to color which is so much fun to do with her.... Unless it is on our couch ;) I am really stressing when I say, "We only color on paper Emma!" and she usually just smiles at me like I'm a crazy person. I always had the thought, "How hard can it be to remember to put the crayons and pencils away??" And now that I have kids I understand a bit more ;) Emma also loved to paint while we were playing with cousins a few weeks ago, and I really wanted to buy some paint for her birthday but we're kinda moving... I'll just find some for her once we move I guess!


0 notes: