Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Bumpdate: Week 16

Hello everrrryone!! Sorry I haven't blogged in forever. I wanted to wait and blog until I would know what we are having.... but I can just blog again right??
Anyways life has been good. An adjustment for sure, especially after 6 weeks of vacation... haha. Tough life right?? ;) Now there is a plus side of living in Sweden! You are required to have 5 weeks of paid vacation ;)
A friend of mine is pregnant right now, and has been doing an awesome question thingy that I am totally going to steal from her! I want to blog about my pregnancy and such... but haven't quite decided how to talk about it really. So here I go :)
Not the best picture, but it is the most recent! Plus I love it because Cheeto is in it of course ;)


How far along?  16 weeks and three days

Size of the baby? An avocado! I hold one in my hands everyday and everything is becoming so much more real to me! It's ridiculous. And fun.

Weight gain/loss?  I think so.... actually I am pretty sure because I feel like an oompa loompa... but don't really know how much.

Sleep?  Eh. I want to invest in a body pillow! Maybe that could help sleeping at night. I wake up every night to go to the bathroom once or twice and that is annoying. Usually the first one is right on the dot at two a.m. Another thing that is hard is we don't let our cat sleep with us since she is super annoying. When I have to open the door to go to the bathroom she tries to bolt into our room. Every. Time. She stresses me out at two a.m. every. time. It's rather tiring trying to keep her out of our room...

Best moment of the week?  Earlier this week I felt the baby move 6 or 7 times in one day. For the past few weeks it has been once a day MAYBE if I pay reeeeally close attention. But one day this past week it was so much! I loved it.

Symptoms? Nothing too much.. except I get super car sick! And I always feel tired... I am growing a human, ok??!

Food cravings/aversions?  The only craving I have kinda had is spicey food. I just want spicey food all the time!! Nothing to do with other cravings yet, which I am a little disappointed in I guess! You hear about all these pregnant woman craving such random things instantly, and I haven't really had that. Before I was pregnant I was already sensitive to eating certain things... Like bananas for example. I really like bananas, but for some reason I can't eat them. Maybe it's the texture?.. So all the things I couldn't eat before I REALLY can't eat now. I gag on certain things. (like bananas)

Labor signs?  Nope. And hopefully not for a while.

What I miss?  Not getting car sick. And feeling skinny, and somewhat in control of my weight, diet, and exercise.

What I am looking forward to?  Feeling the baby move more! And finding out in a couple weeks if it is a boy or girl!! And spending alllll our money on baby things hehe ;)

Nursery? Nothing yet, and this makes me sad!! I haven't bought a single baby thing. AT ALL. I am proud of myself for resisting!! Since coming back from the states we have been tight with money (where we spent plenty of money hehe :) and since Joel wasn't paid during the summer, so we are on one income right now until the end of September!! Then I figured we will both be paid, and we will know what is in there!! We are also moving to a new apartment about 30 min away, so I don't want to buy anything too big because we will just have to move it anyways.

That's all folks!! I hope all of my thoughts that I have attempted to put down make sense :)

2 notes:

Madeline said...

I'm so excited for you mollie! You make me baby hungry ha ha

Madeline said...

Also, I nominated you for a blogger award on my blog. So, you know. you can participate if you want, but you don't have to! You're awesome!