Monday, May 19, 2014

Emma Elaine: 2 months old

Our little Emma is now two (and a half) months old! I kind of procrastinated this post for a few weeks haha. She is such a sweet little girl and we love her to pieces. She is talking more and more, and smiles at Joel and I every time we look at her. Emma is obsessed with the mirror above her changing table and can talk to herself all day. She has also found her hands, but doesn't know what to do with them quite yet, which results in her holding her fists super close to her face and staring down her hands for the longest time. We feel so blessed to be her parents.
When she sees herself in the mirror she smiles so big, then gets really shy and digs her face into my shoulder.. It is too cute!
She has also started talking non stop. It's to the point where she stops eating, looks up at me, giggles, and talks! Now I feel like I have to force feed her sometimes! ;) also every time I look at her and say, "hi Emma!" she giggles and smiles the most.
Emma definitely knows I am her mom, and rarely let's anyone hold her. Which I think is kind of sad, because I think it's fun if other people hold her... But not if she's screaming haha. Then I feel bad because they feel bad she is screaming.. Joel can also hold her, but I'm the only one who can comfort her.

Here are some recent pictures of baby Emma:

This is how I found Emma sleeping. As a baby I use to sleep with my fingers around my nose just like this ;) 



I love it when she sleeps with her hands in the air! 



Cousins that take naps together stay together ;) 



Our happy girl! 



Milk drunk. 






At my baby shower everyone wrote down funny things on diapers, and i can only use these diapers in the middle of the night to give me a good laugh. This by far is my favorite one! Comforting, right?? 






Cousins! Amelie is 2, Jonah is 3 months, and Emma is two months. 



She fell asleep like this and I thought it was the cutest thing! 



Jonah and Emma. I love that they have the same pose. 



Emma was not in a good mood this day, and Joel still insisted on teaching her to 'dance'



Sleeping and Joel's parents. We were both exhausted! 



One of my favorite outfits on her. I love mint green! 



I feel like we have a fashion show every Sunday before church... 






She loves bathtime! She is to the point now where she doesn't scream after she gets out, which is sooo nice. 



I'll end this post with a selfie. I guess that's the new and cool thing to do these days... 

2 notes:

Megan and Jared said...

She is adorable!! I love all the pictures of her. Your selfie is too cute!

Shantel said...

She is seriously so cute. I'm in love with this girl. I hope that things are going well for you guys. Month two was harder than month one for me, but looking back at those pictures - I just want to snuggle that tiny Lydia.