Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Bumpdate: Week 28 THIRD TRIMESTER!

I am officially two-thirds of the way done with this pregnancy folks!! How crazy is that??! I LOVED the second trimester. I feel like whenever I read blogs everyone says that, and now I understand why! I felt great 98% of the time. this week I started to get a little nervous though! Last trimester I kept on thinking, "oh labor is so far away. she's not coming for a while! I have plenty of time." Then poof! All of the sudden I was in the third trimester and I feel like she is "just around the river bend!" (I have that song from Pocahontas in my head all the time now since the due date is getting closer!) you can say it really hit me this week that it is getting closer! I'm not to the point of freaking out... yet ;)


How far along? 28 weeks. Two thirds of the way done!!

Size of the baby? 38cm or 15 inches. How does all that baby fit in there?? The female body amazes me how it can grow and stretch!

Weight gain/loss? I think i've gained around 13 lbs, according to my last appointment. Which isn't too bad I guess! My midwife was really happy about it, and she kept on asking me if I was eating haha (she was joking, btw..). I thought it was going to be a lot worse actually!

Sleep? Really good! The other night wasn't too fun though, because she was awake. At 2am. I felt like there were 9 ninjas and a circus in ma belly, that's how crazy she was going. Finally I gave up on trying to sleep and texted my mom for a little bit. There are perks of being 8 hours ahead and living in Sweden right?? ;) previously the first couple of times she woke me up were kinda cute! I didn't mind too much and was able to go back to sleep. THIS time was the most I have ever felt her probably! It was ridiculous how much she was moving!!

Symptoms? My back started aching this past week! I have been dreading this part. It only hurt on and off before, but now it is pretty much every time I walk! It isn't too bad, more of an annoying pain than a super strong pain. Something kind of funny happened... at my last appointment I was talking to my midwife and she asked me how I was feeling. I told her I had started getting back pain and she jokingly said, "well, you've got to start feeling pregnant sometime!!" I thought that was funny...

Food cravings/aversions? Last Friday we had a Thanksgiving party with a bunch of Americans here living in Sweden! Of course it isn't the same, but we do what we can! Joel and I were present at the one last year too, so I knew what food to expect. Lets just say my friend Mary made rolls last year, and when I knew she would make them again I couldn't stop thinking about them for weeks! Fiiiinally I got to indulge in the deliciousness on Friday and it felt wonderful! I think that is the closest thing to craving I have had.

Labor signs? None yet that I know of! Thank goodness :)

What I miss? I miss feeling skinny. I mean, I know I am carrying a baby but that's what I miss! Thankfully being pregnant has brought its own form of "cuteness". Like people wanting to touch my belly, I think that's funny haha! (depends on the person though! There have been some people I know of (that I don't really know) that run up to me and just grab my belly and I start thinking, "I don't really know you and you are grabbing my belly. hmmm") I am really glad that the weight I have gained is going just on my belly though making it nice and round! And not making anything else round haha ;)

What I am looking forward to? I am dying to see what she looks like and how she will change and grow out of the newborn stage. I guess I have always looked forward to that! Something more recent that I am looking forward to is getting her bed and nursery more set up! I have some ideas with how I want to decorate her corner of the room. The hard part is going out and finding my supplies! I should probably get started before I have less energy right?? ;)

Emotions? Still kind of the same. I do reeeeally good for a while, and then break down (pretty rare). And usually it is over dumb stuff that I know is just my hormones messing with me! Usually I have to go sit in some kind of corner and try to calm myself down. Ridiculous I know!!! I feel like I have to put myself in time-out to calm down! Usually if I feel my emotions heightening I give Joel a good warning, just to prepare him. I am comforted and glad that he saw me "normal" for a year before I got pregnant with all these wonderful emotions. Now he knows it is just me being pregnant ;) (Joel also said that this doesn't happen too often, so it's not as bad as I make it sound ;))



I don't feel huge (yet), just round. Everywhere haha!

Also, I think these are hilarious. Enjoy :)


2 notes:

Megan and Jared said...

You look so cute!! Dont be worried about your weight! I'm getting so excited for her to be here and for you to meet her!!

Kerri Andersen said...

just so you know, i remember when i was pregnancy with jane she would always move a lot at like 11 pm and other times during the night....well it turns out that when they are born that is also when they are very awake...hha so good luck with that 2am baby. but she will get on a more normal schedule after a couple weeks, I'm sure :) I'm excited for you!!