Monday, October 8, 2012

I am a lazzzy bum.

I had the goal to post every day in October. Oops. Little late now I suppose! Lately I feel so disconnected from the world. Living in Sweden I feel like all my friends and family have no idea what I do on a daily basis!! I would LOVE to start blogging more about my life, and my adjustment to living in Europe. So if it looks like I am living on FB, try not to blame me ;)

Joel makes life so much fun, and I love living with him and sharing my life with him. He has made the experience of moving to Sweden and leaving my family a bit easier, and simply wonderful.

Lets seeee. I have been going to Swedish For Immigrants now for 3 weeks! There are super good days, and very hard and frustrating days. I have been making a lot of friends thankfully! That helps the whole going to school part easier. Going somewhere and I know at least one person? So nice. I miss that about Utah State... Everywhere i went I knew someone! Of course I was there for a few years, but still.
In my Swedish classes we have been focusing on grammar and talking to each other.
My teacher said to give it 3 months until I don't feel as overwhelmed, and 5 years until I am basically fluent. of course not as fluent as a native speaker, but as close as I can get. Great. Lets just say I have caught a slight glimpse of what missionaires have to go through.
It is super hard to get a job. I went to a job fair type thing and I was suuuuper depressed after. If we want to visit Utah next summer, I pretty much need a job. Prayers would be appreciated :)

We are also moving on December 1st!! We found an apartment, which is almost impossible. Last month we got tricked into putting down a deposit on an apartment and when we didn't hear back... we felt pretty dumb. She made it seem so SAFE, which was the tricky part.
But our faith in humanity was restored!!!!!! I am going to just copy and paste Joel's blog here, because he is much better with words and such:

Just over a month ago Mollie and I were at this one mall close to where we live. It's a really nice mall but the neighborhood it's in and the people who live there and who are in the mall are quite... well, lets just say you gotta watch your back an extra time, right? So we were there to spend up many of the wonderful gift cards we had received as gifts at our wedding. I had placed them all in a nice white envelope and written all the different stores we now had gift cards to and also how much money we had at each place, just so it would be easier to keep track of everything! Smart right? Well anyways, after walking around an hour or so we came to this one store where we happened to have extra many gift cards to. It took us a long time to find things we really liked and for both of us to agree on certain things. I reach for the gift card-envelope in Mollies bag. Empty. It was gone! We were in total shock for the longest time and it really emotionally struck us later that evening - we must have been pick-pocketed! :(

We filed a police report but had no idea who, where and when it was taken, the insurance company couldn't cover anything and so everything was just a lost cause.

Until today! Right as I walked into the office, after a heavy workout session at the gym and came to my desk, the phone rang and I just made it in time to answer it. It was a lady who said she called from a sports affiliation/store. I wondered why in the world they would call me, and also how they got my number! Its not like I ever go there to shop nor have I a membership card. I was quite confused. She asked if my name was Joel Herrey. Sure enough. She then asked me if I was married to a Mollie. Now I got even more confused! "What in the world-...?" Then she said that a month ago she found an envelope on the top floor of their store and since they say that there was quite a lot of money/gift cards she tried to find the owner. So for the past month she has been looking around all over the web to try and find a Joel and Mollie. She finally found me! She was really excited! I was completely taken aback; over her kindness to try to find us, her persuasion of not giving up. I didn't know what to say! Except one question still remained - How did she know who they belonged to? I knew very well that I didn't put my name on the envelope. She said that all the gift cards were empty with just the amount of money on them and an occasional greeting from the guests to "The Couple", exept one single card where it actually said "To Joel and Mollie". No sirname. Nothing else.  But by this she still persuaded enough in her search to find the owner.



Simply amazing, right??? There are still good people out there in the world today!! What amazes me is she searched for over a MONTH trying to find us. 
After we got robbed with the whoe apartment mess and the gift cards on top of that, we were so depressed and sad that this would happen in the 'safest European country'. Everyone we talked to has never been robbed here, except for one or two people. And then us newlyweds in under a month??! Ridiculous. But that is ok now, we grew from it and who knows? Perhaps Heavenly Father was saving that money for a reason :)

3 notes:

Unknown said...

Or it is a sign that you should just move back to Utah!!!!:) :) :) :)
Hehehe love you sis!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Well I believe its a sign that you and Joel should just move to Utah:) Love you sis!!!!!

Jenna said...

Oh I would have just cried if that happened me and Josh! So glad you at least got the gift cards back. I hope you can find a job soon!