Friday, June 3, 2011

I somehow survived a whole day of Astrid Lindgren World

I need to stop procrastinating.
Right.....
Now.
I have so much to catch up on! I guess I shall be giving you the basics once again.
And sorry if I keep on apologizing too much! I do that too often.
Lets seeee....
We we went to Gothenburg and looked around! Its a huge city with a TON of malls which are of course super expensive so we don't buy anything...
This statue is some king I can't remember.

This past Sunday was Mother's day! So we got roses. In the states we celebrate it a lot and get our mothers presents, but they didn't here. 
I think they just named a day Mothers day and thats about it! It made me sad that they don't do much, it made me really appreciate my dear mother :)


Now in this picture we traveled 2 hours and a car ferry away, to the ocean under my feet. And yes these stairs were unstable, I almost fell in.

In this city (that I can't pronounce or remember) there was a park in the middle of it! With this cool statue thing.

And this was the city we visited! It was darling.



This past week we went to another concert!!! This one was a little more intense. September was the main band we were waiting for, surrounded by a bunch of smokers who looked younger than us.
I think I have almost gone to more concerts in these past two weeks than in my whole life!
The first person that came on was a Swedish rapper. I don't like rap music to begin with, and Swedish rap was not good at all. I wouldn't recommend it.
FINALLY September came on! I had recognized some of her songs, so that was fun. Plus I loved her pants.

Yesterday we traveled 3 hours to Astrid Lindgren Land! It was definitely for kids, but we had our own fun. I'm not sure it was worth the money though! Astrid is the author of Pippi Longstocking, and a bunch of other Swedish classics. I can see why Thomas wanted to take us there, because EVERYONE in Sweden knows Astrid's stories.
So in this picture and the next few, we were in this amusement park-thing, going from place to place watching all the characters act all the stories out. 

I guess I might've enjoyed it more I knew what they were saying, and I had actually read the stories before.







Since we traveled so far, we decided to spend the night in a cottage! It was pretty darn cute and we had a blast. It was me, Alyssa, Kelsey, and Heather to one cottage.

All the mailboxes had paintings on them. Some had a cute Minnie Mouse.... Of course we had this creeper clown.

This morning we drove an hour to see glassblowers make glass! It was definitely worth the hour drive. They started out by sticking this stick in this huge, scary, and very very hot furnace. So it starts out as this teeny blob they start working with, mess around with it and
Voilà!

You have a vase.
They are extremely talented, with plenty of years behind them.

Outside the glassblowing store. I loved it! Maybe a little too much.

It is very weird.. The past couple weeks I have been getting extremely car sick! And I think I've been riding for about.... 18 hours this past week and a half. I don't know what it is.... Maybe the crazy drivers? I can't get use to it. I can't remember ever getting car sick before. They sure do jerk the car around a whole lot...
I am also grateful for: GARBAGE DISPOSALS. They don't have them at all here! 
Then everything stinks and its super gross. Plus they recycle hard-core, even the McDonald's does. 
SO they have like, 6 different garbage cans! It gets overwhelming.

There ya go, the basics :)

0 notes: