Thursday, September 22, 2011

When September Ends....

Hello fellow bloggers!!!
Well to start off this slightly short blog post, I would like to let you all know I have had such a fabulous week!!! Or two weeks. Maybe three?....

This week started off quite nicely from a phone call from my dear mother, telling me I need to eat better! So I told her "I would, but I am low on my monies." Thus resulting in a little bit more dough in my account, thanks mom!! :)
Now onto Wal-mart, one of the busiest grocery stories I attend quite frequently. (For instance, I went there 5 times in two days before school started.... yeah. That was over the top). Try to remember I got my old job back, workin at the wonderful Golden Corral! And keep in mind there sure are loads of regulars, mainly over 60 years of age.


While I was in the overloaded parking lot, I saw a recognizable and older looking face.
It was Bonnie!!!!!!
She comes into Golden Corral every once in a while and orders the to-go, because she is on a strict diet. 
Most days she keeps to herself, and pays around 1-2 dollars for her dinner. I made a goal to talk to her every time she came in, and man did she end up surprising me.
When we were in the parking lot, I ran over to this 64-ish (give or take a few years.... you never know these days) year old woman, and she gave me THE best compliment, and it really made my whole day. 
This is how our conversation went, "Bonnie!!! How are you doing? I didn't know that you could recognize me without my uniform on!" (I was joking, since the elderly folk tend to like the funny and dry humor)
"Well Mollie, I could recognize that smile anywhere!"
She then proceeded to tell me about her day, and finished her shopping.
Little did she know how much her words effected me!!
I must've been close to beaming.... just because she told me she loves my smile?.... It really surprised me when I thought of how often I smiled, and then I realized I was trying to get her to smile as well because I wanted her to be happy. It then hit me how this nice compliment she gave me made a difference in my day. Here I thought I was trying to help her, and she ended up helping me!



To end this message, I challenge you all (to whoever reads this...) to give someone a compliment, and hopefully it will brighten up your day, and theirs as well :) :)

4 notes:

Joel Herrey said...

Challenge accepted! ;)

Madeline said...

aw, you're awesome Mollie :) keep smiling!

big MAK said...

I love it Mollie!! Thanks for sharing such a great story! Now I am off to find someone to compliment ;)

Haley said...

You DO have a gorgeous smile :)