Monday, September 12, 2011

Homework Much?

An Indian sat and talked with her ​​grandchildren.
He said: - In all the people living there are two wolves fighting.
One is evil: it is anger, envy, jealousy, arrogance, self-pity, lies, superiority andego.
The other is good: it is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, benevolence, empathy, truth and trust. "
"Which wolf wins?", ¨ said the child.
"The one you feed," said the old man



I feel as though this "story" is so true! Someone posted via facebook, and I loved it so I thought I'd share! Take it as you will... it is pretty much self explanatory. 
Life has been just dandy as of late! I am enjoying life to the fullest. 
Yesterday..... on a Saturday night I was in the painting studio on campus. All by myself. For five hours. It was kinda sad, but surprisingly I was ok with it! I've been doing the same thing for 2.5 years now, and I'm more than ready for something new. Sweden definitely came at the right time this past summer. And it made me appreciate school so much! I am stuck with minimum wage jobs at the moment.... but I won't for long! Because you'd better believe I'm going to get an education!!!
Well, back to painting. I am painting "something" on a 30x40 inch canvas and I am SO EXCITED. It is turning out soooo well thus far, I will be excited to post it when the time comes. When I was getting ready to leave (after I had already been there for four hours....) I ran into a girl in my painting class. Yep we talked for about an hour! As it turns out she is a Senior, and she is going to be an art therapist! Just what I was thinkin of going into. BUT then she told me some information that would make that a little difficult. So now I'm confused about what I would like to be when I grow up.... all over again. I will figure it out, I'm not too worried about that :)


Here are some pictures concerning some activities I have been up to these past few weeks!
We went to an 80's dance! Kinda fun. It was just a sign that I'm getting old. Dressing up and taking pictures with my lovely roommates was the best part for sure!

Ha. Yep. My 80's costume. People want me to wear this hideous pink jumpsuit all the stinkin time. So I wear it. Mainly to please Alyssa, because she's the one that asks. And really the only one who asks.

Lovely roommate bonding time in awkward pictures

This picture my friends is of myself. And my little 12 year old sister. Who happens to be growing taller, and has bigger feet than myself. She sure is growing up! And she is absolutely gorgeous. I first wanted to take this picture.... because I LOVE the shoes I am wearing. (Well, they're actually my other sisters shoes. Oh the beauty of having four sisters!!!) Now that I look at this picture, I just love it. I treasure my little sister so much :) :)

I got this wonderful shirt in the mail, and a handsome young man may or may not have sent it to me ;)

Annnnnd I also may or may not have gotten some roses from that same young man :)

Earlier this week we all went to the dollar store and bought some shirts! We decorated them for a couple hours, and then danced to some native american music for a few minutes. It sure was fun, I can tell you that!!!

Hahahaha so with my shirt I wanted to be kinda creepy. So I bought some skeletons and tied them to the bottom of my shirt, along with the beads. Then I decided to write "optimism" on my shirt. Eh, it was a blast!!! Too bad I won't be wearing this shirt too often ;) 

1 notes:

Haley said...

:) Joel, I approve of your gift-giving :)