Thursday, June 18, 2015

4 Day Party with Kamille!

Kamille is an old roommate from college who contacted me months ago, saying she would be in Sweden for a few days and wanted to come visit me!! My first American friend to come and see where I live! I was beyond excited!! And kinda nervous... we hadn't seen each other for 4(ish) years, so we realized this could be potentially awkward or super fun. Luckily as soon as I picked her up we couldn't stop talking and catching up. We were talking so much that I even took the wrong exit and 30 minutes later, I noticed I was driving the wrong way! #oops

We had too much fun while Kamille was here. Emma really enjoyed the extra company to entertain her!


The first day Emma and I took Kamille to see a few castles!! I've been to both a few times, and I was surprised how I am so used to driving past them and not paying attention. It was fun to see the castles through Kamille's eyes for the first time I guess! I really came to appreciate them more. It really hit me when I thought, "I can be to one castle within 5 minutes, and the other 20 minutes. Woah. And why don't I come here more often??" These castles are beyond picturesque, I couldn't help but take a million pictures. And Emma couldn't help but bring me all the cool rocks she found! A win win for sure ;)




Finding rocks of course.

And more rocks.


We call this the pink castle, and I drive past it multiple times a week. It is on the way to my in-laws house and soooo pretty!

And more rocks...


This is Tjolöholms Slott, and is about 20 minutes from my house. So big and so beautiful!! It is right on the ocean.




Emma was in heaven with all the exploring she could do!


Next we hurried and went to a little hill where you can see the ocean on one side and a beautiful lake on the other.





-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day 2 with Kamille was walking around Göteborg (Sweden's 2nd biggest city- about 20 minutes away from where I live) and all the "must see's". We walked SO MUCH that the next few days we were totally fine relaxing and taking it easy. Which ended up working out perfectly since we had some family parties to attend to!

Trying to get Emma to take a nap... which she didn't. #turd

These trees are in downtown Göteborg, and they are very old trees but so pretty. They are my favorite to walk between!


Had to take a few pictures of my growing baby bump of course!


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the 2nd and 3rd day we had a couple of family parties to attend to! Kamille met a good chunk of Joel's family and even extended family! Which was weird yet cool at the same time. Weird because it was so random to have two parties on the same weekend, and cool because she got to meet my family here in Sweden! Who love me obviously ;)

Before Kamille came to Göteborg, her family saw old town Stockholm. Her dad then said, "The city is pretty, but I really wish we could see some of the Swedish countryside!" Or he said something along those lines... Once Kamille told me that, I knew where to take her on her last day in Sweden! Joel's grandparent's live in the most beautiful and a very typical looking Swedish countryside home.  They fed us a great dinner while we enjoyed the peacefulness of the countryside. Every time I visit their house I love it more and more! I think I love it so much because it reminds me of my grandparents home back in Utah, which I miss terribly of course!

Emma was definitely our entertainment for the night.

By far my favorite picture of these two^^











"MOOOM!!! Put me down I want to go explore!!"

I know this is a weird picture... but I think it is funny because Emma lurched out of my arms and I almost dropped her. Of course Kamille took a picture at the perfect moment ;)

Thanks for staying  and visiting Kamille, we had so much fun while you were here!! Come back already!!!

0 notes: