Sunday, October 27, 2013

Bumpdate: Week 23-24 ish.

I don't really know what week I am in. Because my midwife changed my due date. Again. All these midwives need to get together and decide on ONE date for us poor ladies. So we'll see when she comes ;) until then, the weeks will be iffy I guess! Joel keeps on telling me that I should go with the later date, just in case she comes later. Which is smart to prepare myself... But i feel like being rebellious and going for the earlier date :)
Week 24. Ish. I still feel so small! 

Joel being creative on the backside of the camera. So i had to take his picture ;) 

How far along? 23-24ish weeks. See above information for any questions ;)

Size of the baby? Ummm 30 cm I think. Not sure what that is in inches.. actually I just googled it. She is about 12 inches :) 
(I just had this funny joke pop into my head: person 1 "What's better, google or yahoo?" person 2 "I dunno, jut google it." I think it's funny at least haha)

Weight gain/loss? Still not sure about this one. Not sure I want to know... I just try to be healthy and not worry about the numbers. I am getting better at portion sizes and not being starving all the time!

Sleep? Too good. I catch myself wondering if I am even pregnant sometimes because I feel that good. I literally soak up every night because I know they are just going to get worse and worse! The other night I tried sleeping with a pillow between my legs, just to see if it would help in anyway. I woke up a gazillion times and was SO HOT during the night. No pillows until I need it I guess ;)

Best moment of the week? Getting a TON of free baby clothes from a relief society activity we had! Everyone bought clothes to exchange they didn't need anymore that were still in good condition. When I arrived, everyone said, "Mollie!!!! That's your table!!!"  pointing to the baby table since I am the only one pregnant in the ward right now! Nice to have the table to myself I guess! 
this was all I came home with. I was going to fold it up so you can see how cute they were, but I got overwhelmed with how much I had...

Movement? I love watching my stomach move around. I think it moves like jello. Or a water bed. Anything that jiggles really well ;) I could watch her moving around all day and not get a single thing done, it is kind of addicting.. I love it so much! Just knowing there is a little person in there with her own personality and she is JUST ours. No one else!!! We will be the ones that people hand her to when she starts crying! I can't wait.

Symptoms? Still have a slightly sensitive nose, but it isn't too bad anymore. Very off and on! I also have huge (like ginormous) boobs. Does that count as a symptom? I feel awesome 99% of the time really.

Belly button in or out? In. It doesn't look like it will pop out any time soon. If ever...

Swollen? Nope! Good thing about it being cold out!

What I miss? Feeling in shape I guess. Not that I feel fat or super skinny, I just miss that feeling of having a good hard workout and knowing I can push myself without overexerting myself. I would say I miss my clothes, but I can still wear majority of them (except for the pants) and I don't like them. Any of them. It's a problem really. I make Joel and Cheeto pick out my clothes for me because I don't like it!

What I am looking forward to? moving this weekend!! I'm really excited to move and set up the new apartment and see how it will be with her in it. People keep on asking if we have anything for the nursery yet and I have to keep on saying no.. mainly because we're moving! Plus we will only have a two room apartment, so she'll be with us. Nothing too much I could do with a nursery there ;) We're moving to a smaller place and I'm kiiiinda nervous about that since we have so much space now! It will work out, it's just not knowing how it will :)

Emotions? I asked Joel and he said, "interesting. up and down. crazy. out of control. scary. that is all." I hope all of those aren't true hah! He just said SOMETIMES I'm scary. Thanks for clarifying dear :) This is what happens... I am really good emotionally for a while, and it all comes down at once. The last break down I had was on Saturday going to the temple on a bus three hours away with my ward. Thankfully we were sitting in front and no one could really see me... but I was bawling. I had just gotten some pictures from my mom when she attended one of my good friend's wedding and I just lost it on the bus and got SUPER homesick. Poor Joel had to comfort me for a while.

Here are the pictures she sent me, if you wanna see what made me homesick:



I miss my friends terribly!!!!

4 notes:

Megan and Jared said...

You look so cute! I wish they would change my due date over here, make it earlier since he is measuring so big :) I'm glad you're feeling so great! I felt great for the majority and I always felt so lucky, it was really nice. Good luck with moving! Isn't it nice to get free clothes too?? It's the best thing ever I do believe!

Jenna said...

I'm sorry I comment so much, Mollie. I just always think of so much I want to say when I read your posts! haha

First of all, my midwife changed my due date ALL THE TIME. It drove me nuts. I stuck with the earlier one too ;) That way I can say Listen came 5 days late instead of 3…. Makes me sound tougher :P

I loved the way you described watching your belly move. It brought back so many fun memories :) Also, I love that you are excited to be the one people will hand your baby to when she starts crying. It really is so special to be the one who gets to comfort your baby. When people don't hand Listen over when she's fussy, I always get annoyed haha.

I'm so happy for you, Mollie! I'm glad you're enjoying your pregnancy :) What a wonderful mom you already are!

Shantel said...

I'm sorry you are feeling homesick. But thank goodness for modern technology to keep us all connected. And SO nice that you got so many baby clothes! Almost all of Lydia's clothes have been hand-me-downs and I seriously have loved them.

Hena Tayeb said...

congratulations..