Saturday, November 12, 2016

William is O N E

Where did my baby go?! He still seems so little, but seems to be growing so much and so fast at the same time. Some people think that when babies turn one they are officially toddlers... and I'm pretty sure I thought that when Emma turned one. Emma just seemed so BIG when she turned one, and William still seems like such a baby to me!! Maybe he always will, since he is my baby??

I was doing great with William turning one. When I went to pick him up from his bed when he woke up that morning, it hit me how much he has grown the last year. All day I was trying to soak him all in! I couldn't stop holding him, and I was trying so hard to bottle up his baby scent. 

I always find it amazing how much learning these little people go through in a year!! When I think back to those first few months of William being a newborn, I can't believe how hard the adjustment was from 1 kid to 2. All the crying, gassy tummies, puking, and little sleep... it is hard to imagine now how hard it really was. One thing is for sure, how much I have LOVED watching William grow. He really is at this perfect age that I love!!! Before all the toddler meltdowns I guess ;) 

If you have met William, you know how calm of a baby he is. He is extremely happy, and I like to say he is simply happy to be alive. His happiness is so contagious, and I love that about him. On the other side, William definitely lets me know what he wants and doesn't want, especially when it comes to food. William loves to eat all on his own, and will spit food back out so he can put it in himself (insert eye roll here..). William wants to eat what we eat, and will only eat baby food when we aren't eating with him. 

I have to say, having William and Emma 19 months apart has been hard, but so rewarding. Seeing their relationship grow and watching them love each other has probably been one of my favorite things about motherhood so far. Their favorite thing to do right now is to crawl as fast as they can up and down the apartment, as if they are playing tag. They giggle and laugh so hard chasing each other, and I love to just standby and soak it all in.

We feel so blessed and grateful to be William's parents! Love this boy so much. Happy 1st birthday William!!









I called this "William's photoshoot" and to keep Emma off of the bed I kept telling her, "Emma, it is William's turn!" After a little while she kept telling me, "Emma's turn!" and would jump, summer sault, then do a handstand against the wall. Let's just say she really enjoyed the attention of the camera, and I couldn't leave her out of course ;)



Loooove all of his little teeth coming in! Having him upside down worked perfectly to get the perfect shot of his teeth.





His super blonde-white hair kills me. I love my "Swedish baby"! That's what I like to call him at least!








Emma finally discovered her nose. Super fun..



This. This is a smile just for Emma. To say he loves her and is obsessed with her is an understatement.



I love the mid fall laugh foot grab thing he has going on here haha



1 notes:

Blessed Mama said...

Oh my gosh!!!!! I just love this post! William and Emma are both so beautiful Mollie!!