Sunday, November 16, 2014

Jul På Tjolöholms Slott

For all you Americans that don't know Swedish, here's a little Swedish lesson for you all ;)

Jul: Christmas
På: on/at
Tjolöholms: the name of the castle
Slott: castle

My mother-in-"love" took Emma and I to the castle (about twenty minutes away) that was dressed up all Christmas-y and there were TONS of little boutiques. People mainly made their own things from what I saw, and I loved the feeling there! So festive. Unfortunately we didn't have time to try the food samples, but we did walk through the cute boutiques and the castle. The castle and boutiques are open for about a week I think, and about 25,000 people visit throughout that week! Very well known on the west coast of Sweden.

Here are some of the pictures I took if you'd like to see! It was dark and waaay hard to take pictures, but I figured I'd try so I can have memories, even if they turn out blurry ;)

Emma made some friends that adored her

I know this picture is blurry, but I just love how this lady was selling these jackets for some reason.

Emma was such a champ. She never cried once! In fact, she was laughing and giggling at people the whole time. 

My father-in-law signing books

I think someone has him wrapped around her little finger ;)

These are his two books he has written. On the left is the childrens book and on the right is the book for adults (that will actually be a trilogy)

She laughed through all of dinner and made lots of friends. Yep. She is definitely my baby!

I love the outside of this castle! For Christmas Swedes put lights in all their windows to help brighten this dark country we live in.

See? Lights in the windows ;)

Emma met Santa for the fist time! I feel like such a parent now ;) She was never scared, just a little nervous and cautious

I know Santa looks a little creepy but I promise he was super nice!

A fireplace inception? A fireplace inside a fireplace? Also I have no idea what that boy was doing there...

How cool is this ceiling?!

I ended the awesome day with a delicious Belgian waffle! Seriously soooo good.

2 notes:

Shantel said...

So fun! I love things like that and then to have it be at a castle? Amazing!

Madeline said...

Santa looks like dumbledore!