Friday, January 10, 2014

Bumpdate: Week 33!!

How far along? 33 weeks.

Size of the baby? 44 cm / 17 inches / a honeydew / 2 kilos / 4 pounds. Ish :)

Weight gain/loss? Hopefully I haven't lost weight ;) At my last appointment two weeks ago I had gained around 7 kilos (I think). It is probably more now with her getting all plumped up and everything :)

Sleep? Very off and on. I feel like I have super good nights where I sleep throughout the night, and then I have really bad nights, mostly because of heartburn. I have noticed the bad nights are getting more frequent though... But! Since I have started taking some heart burn medicine, sleep has gotten much better lately actually.

Best moment of the week? A lot of amazing things happened this week!! First of all my wonderful sister-in-law had a surprise baby shower for me!! She TOTALLY surprised me. These Swedes like to throw surprise showers (tradition I guess). I didn't think she would be the one planning it (since her baby is coming in a week!) so I thought my mother-in-law would plan it sometime at the end of January. It didn't make sense to me to have the shower right after Christmas too.
So a few weeks ago I got a text from Eva saying she wanted to have a small birthday party the Saturday before her birthday which made sense in my head. I show up to her apartment with a card and everything expecting to celebrate HER birthday aaaand there turned out to be almost 30 people to celebrate MY baby. My mother-in-law caught some of the surprise on her phone:
I was in quite the shock and almost started bawling. They really got me ;) I received so many wonderful gifts at my baby shower.. it made it so surreal that she is actually going to be here soon! I feel like the day would never come to have a baby shower and now it's over! Kind of a weird feeling after looking forward to it for so long. I now have all of her clothes washed, organized by size, and ready to wear!! Plus her bed is all ready with a mattress and sheets! It is so much fun getting all that ready! Even though I feel like I still have a while before she comes.. better safe than sorry right? ;)
Also I had an appointment with my midwife this week. If only you could all see how cute this lady is! All her kids are grown up so she isn't super old, but definitely motherly and grandmotherly! I feel like she knows what she is doing and knows her stuff which is so comforting to me (especially since I am in a country (without the comfort of my family) where I am still learning the language and I don't know how the system works haha). Anyways, she was super happy when she was feeling for the baby's position. She said, "her head is pushing down lower, and I REALLY like that." So if my midwife is happy then I am happy :)

Movement? Oh yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. I feel lucky that she doesn't kick my ribs too often (what a weird and uncomfortable feeling that is). In the past Joel has felt her move here and there.. but the other night she was definitely awake and moving A LOT. As we were getting ready for bed I said, "Joel. You HAVE to feel this." Lets just say he wasn't expecting her to move around that much and kinda freaked out a little. Ok, more than a little haha! He kept on putting his hand on my belly then freaking out and staring at me and giving me the look of, "What is that in there??! Is this real??" It went like that for at least 15 minutes haha. 

Food cravings/aversions? Nothing much really! I was really looking forward to getting those random and weird cravings... but nothing. I'm glad I can eat all that I can! Nothing makes me sick anymore thankfully.

Labor signs? I think so, but nothing serious. Even though I know this is my body's way of preparing me for what is to come it kind of freaks me out knowing how much closer labor is coming. My stomach gets super "tight" when I walk around, and also when I stand up. Which is hard because I walk everywhere since we don't have a car (yet)! Walking everywhere is kind of nice because I feel like I'm getting some kind of exercise... but oh dear I didn't know walking would be this hard.

Swollen? Very little.... I was hoping to avoid that all together. I have noticed my shoes are more snug and my wedding ring is getting a little harder to put on and off. Then it makes me mad because I want to keep wearing my ring so bad!

What I miss? Being comfortable, and wearing normal clothes! I have felt pretty good until recently.. lately I just feel huge! I feel like I still have a ways to go, which doesn't help either haha. I also feel like maternity pants are one of the most comfortable pants I have.. I really don't know why everyone doesn't wear them! Too bad I am sick of the ones I have (because I only have one pair and I wear them all the time!).

Nursery? Yes!! Finally! :) Like I said above... her bed is up with a mattress and sheets (and clothes) are all washed! Now we need to focus on some other slightly big things. Like getting a stroller and a car ;)

Emotions? Pretty good 95% of the time I would say. I do get mad when I'm walking and in pain, but I'm fine by the time I get home and can relax! I also still have some breakdowns, and it helps me to cry it out and then I'm fine! But those are pretty rare ;)

Gettin huge folks!!

5 notes:

Jenna Haderlie said...

You are so cute Mollie! You look beautiful in your picture! Kevin acted the same way that Joel did the first time he REALLY felt her move. It is crazy how much they move sometimes, but that is my favorite when she is just going crazy in there! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy! It will fly by!

Megan and Jared said...

I'm so excited for you! I'm so glad you had a baby shower, they are so much fun! She is going to be one adorable baby :)

McKinzie said...

Your getting so close! For me these last weeks went by soooo slow. I hope they go fast for you!

Unknown said...

you look so cute mollie! I was just like you I was so excited for some weird cravings and I had nothing besides chocolate milk, which I always love, good luck on the last little while!

Shantel said...

That video of the surprise is so sweet. I'm glad that you have such a good support system out there. It's such a great feeling to have everything washed and ready. So excited for you!