Sunday, June 19, 2011

Blocked Brain

One of our few good days here, and we got to go swimming.... obviously by our swimsuits haha

Gothenburg- 2nd biggest town in Sweden by population
Läckö Slott

My favorite little shadow

I'm not in the mood to blog, but whatever.
I don't have much to say, but I'm thinking, "I should have TONS to say! I'm in Europe for the whole summer, and having a blast. Why don't I have anything to say about my experiences??"
Oh well.
I just decided I will write whatever comes to my mind, so here it goes and it might not be much.

Here are a couple more things I have learned:
-save even more money. I thought I would be spending my money. Since I had been saving for so long, it's even harder to spend money now!
-If I did learn anything from not-being-in-school, I did learn how to budget. Maybe too well, because I can't spend any of my money now!!
-It is awesome meeting Americans in Europe, because it is so random. I met the nicest lady last night who grew up in Farmington!! Very random. We talked for a while, it was sooo nice. We also met someone from Ohio? at the famous glass-blowing-place that is 5 hours away from where we live.
-The glass blowing place was super cool! People are so talented.
-If I come across as rude when I come home, don't take offence. The Swedes are very private? Reserved? I guess is a good word. When I first got here I wanted to make eye contact with everyone, and say hello like I would in Utah. Nope, not here! I think their mentality is, "Well, why say hello when we're never going to see the person ever again?" Kind of thing. Now I'm use to not looking at anyone, so I apologize in advance for when I return (which is 6 weeks this coming FRIDAY!!!)
Gorgeous, aren't we??


-I really miss my family. A lot.
-No one eats out. And if they do, it is very rarely. It is so expensive! In the states you can usually find a cheap place if you would like, ya know? But here the cheapest is probably 20+ dollars! I think that is expensive haha.
- I love the food here! I don't know if that's because it is new to me, or if it's really really really good. Both probably!
- I thought Utah weather was unpredictable, man was I wrong. Here it is much, much worse! Completely unpredictable. Summer was supposed to be here by now I would have thought. Nope. Still very cold and very wet. BUT very beautiful!
- Everyone is OBSESSED with soccer, more than I could have ever dreamed of.

WELL. That is all I can think of at the moment. Until next time :)
This is my friend Viktor! They can't get their drivers license here until they're 18, and like everything else..... it is super expensive! This is the hair cut he gave himself for his picture. And he is my friend. Sometimes (most of the time) out of pity ;)

0 notes: