Monday, August 18, 2014

Date Night

I was having one of those days. One of those hard days where I just want to crawl into bed and sleep. I knew that Joel and I hadn't been on a date in a while, and I could just feel it was very much needed after this hard day. I immediately call my mother-in-"love" (aka our wonderful and loving babysitter!) and we set up the evening so Joel and I could go on a date.

I told Joel I had everything set up so we could get away for a few hours, and he asked what I wanted to do! I said, "All I want to do is grill some food by a lake or the ocean and spend quality time with you." And you had better believe that is what we did! Sometimes I forget I live in Sweden, and that I live by the ocean. We would have never done that back home in the states, probably because it is so dry and the thought of lighting a fire would burn down the whole state. ;) I really appreciate lighting a fire with a grill or making our own pit for some reason, probably because I could never do it at home. I get giddy like a little school girl every time :)
Anyways. When we finally left to go on our date, it was like a breath of fresh air. Literally. Sitting out by the ocean smelled soooo great! We were relaxed enjoying each others company, and talking about our goals in life. I'll admit I have been homesick for the states lately, and we talked a lot about our plans and when we want to move back. Gosh dates are nice :)
We walked for a little while until we finally reached the ocean. Once we rounded the corner we saw the most beautiful sunset:
I am so in love and obsessed with this handsome man of mine.

We bought spicy hot dogs to grill and we were in HEAVEN. They were delicious. 

Date night = success!! Wish we could have done this more over the summer.

3 notes:

Megan and Jared said...

This is so awesome! We have to remember that we have to take care of ourselves too, not just our precious babies :)

Mindy said...

Ah! It's so beautiful and it looks like it was so much fun!

Shantel said...

I love the pictures of the sunset, and especially that last picture. So neat. And honestly, I can relate to just needing a date night and being able to go and relax and rejuvenate yourself. I'm so glad that you were able to make it happen.