Thursday, June 26, 2014

June Vacation Week 1

We've been up to quite a lot the past week!


Emma received this cute crown and tutu from my mom's good friend Denise! Now that it kind of fits her, we couldn't resist a little photo shoot.


This past week Joel has been on vacation, and it has been simply wonderful! I love having him home. 

She loves her daddy.








--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


On Friday the 20th of June we celebrated Midsommar here in Sweden, the longest day of the year. Swedes dance around the pole and sing songs, it's a lot of fun. By the time we finished eating dinner and got done talking, we had to leave and put Emma to bed. Oh the life of having a baby! 


We went strawberry picking a few days ago, and it was the best! Emma was a champ and only got fussy when it was time to feed her. I was super impressed with her since I was bending down trying to hurry and pick as many strawberries as I could.


Joel hurried and took this picture of Emma right before we left to pick strawberries. When she is sitting in her new bumbo chair, I think she looks like an extra chubby little buddha.


This was the result! This is actually only two thirds of the strawberries we picked. They were the BEST  and sweetest strawberries I have ever had in my life!


Joel has one more week of vacation and the weather is supposed to be horrible next week, so we've been taking advantage of the good weather this week! Today we headed to the beach and enjoyed a good Swedish summer. This was Emma's first time to the beach, and to say she enjoyed it is an understatement. She was laughing and giggling the entire time! 



















2 notes:

Megan and Jared said...

She is just so cute. I'm glad you have been having so much fun. Those strawberries look divine!

Jenna Haderlie said...

Your Vacation sounds like so much fun, and those strawberries look so delicious! You are such a good mom! P.S.I LOVE the picture of you holding Emma at the beach with your sun hat. I want a sun hat. You make it look so beautiful!