Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Time!!!!!!

Mine and Joel's first Christmas together as a married couple= SUCCESS!!!!! It was great. We are really poor, we mainly just spent time together which is fantastic :) A big chunk of Christmas money was spent at IKEA, so that is fine!
BUT Joel did surprise me with one thing... A NEW MEMBER OF OUR FAMILY!!!!!! Baby Cheeto. She is the cutest cat I have ever seen. I haven't spent a lot of time with cats, since I have had a dog for so many years I considered myself a dog person. Now this sweet little cat has changed all that! Don't get me wrong... I love my dog back home. But now I am 50/50!!!! Sorry in advance to everyone that follows me on instagram... I may be posting a lot of cat pictures ;) She is just too darn cute!!!!! We figured she is about 12-13ish weeks old, and VERY hyper. Well, just for an hour or two and then she crashes. Usually she likes to sleep with us, and needs/wants physical contact. Joel and I watched Lord of the Rings last night and she slept through all of it! After the movie we skyped my family and she woke up, and was basically a tornado the whole time we tried skyping. Great first impression on my family Cheeto!! I really wanted a cat that would cuddle with me.. and that is what I got thankfully!!!! When she is tired of course. We love her so much.
If you want to see why we named her Cheeto, watch this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JqR3GVqib4
VGHS is about some years in the future where gaming is everyones life. While Joel watched it I kinda rolled my eyes and teased him about it, but it is surprisingly really good!!! This is just the first episode of ten? I think. 
Here in Sweden they celebrate Christmas Eve and then relax on Christmas day with their presents :) Christmas Eve was spent with Joel's family! Well, obviously because mine is so far away... haha. It was really nice!! My first Swedish Christmas :) Joel an I got to his parents house around noon, and Joel started helping his mom cook. I wasn't feeling so well, so as soon as I got there I crashed.
At 3:00 on Christmas Eve, majority of Sweden turns on their TV and watches a traditional cartoon they play every year... They have been playing it for the last 50ish years. It is a mixture of old cartoons! Donald Duck, Cinderella, Snow White, Mickey Mouse, Ferdinad, Robin Hood and The Jungle Book. They played just a short clip from the movies, and it was SO CUTE and brought back so many memories of those cute shows!
After the show we cooked for a total of 5 hours, and ate for about 5 minutes. We. Were. Starving. The traditional Christmas food is kinda hard to explain if you haven't had it before... Lets just say it was preeeety good :)
All in all it was a fantastic Christmas!! I really did miss the comfort and familiarity of my own home though. This was my first Christmas away from home, away from everything I was use to. I miss you family :(







1 notes:

Jenna said...

Your kitten looks just like our John! Sounds like she has a similar personality too, just the right mix of cuddly and fun :) I'm glad you had a merry Swedish Christmas!